Need help: Code for external player won't work
Hello,

I'm using a Himedia H8 Octa - for Kodi i would like to use the internal HimediaVideoPlayer to play all .mkv files - the rest like .avi, mpg,... supposed to be played in Kodi,

This ist the playercorefactory.xml I'm using - i also get the option "play with ... HimediaPlayer or Kodi DVD Player" but when i click on the Himedia one...nothing happens.

Can some genious help me out here?Wink

That's the code I#m trying to use:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="HimediaVideoPlayer.apk" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="HimediaVideoPlayer.apk"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Hi,

first I would it keep more simple. Without args, hideconsole etc.
Like this:

<player name="HimediaPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.himedia.android.videoplayer</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>

But, maybe, that is not the reason.

Are you sure about the filename of that player? Should this work? For older himedia-boxes like Q10ii or Q5 quad - this should work, but for the H8 it could be different. I am not sure.
Which kind of files you try to play? Are they local, mounted or on a SMB-network drive. ?
I would expect, that network-files will not work with an external player. Try it first with local files. If this works you can try to use network-mounts.
If the local or the mount-solution works you could tray a wrapper solution (SMbWrapper or KodiWrapper in google store). I think himedia has until now no special himedia Wrapper for the H8.

But: hasn't the H8 full kodi-support inside? The box has the RK3368. From himedia or zidoo should be kodi-versions available which supports full hw-acceleration of this chip.

Did you try this?

SaEt9000
Thanks for the good explaination to a German like me Smile i nearly understood everything you were saying.

I actually figuered out that the H8 (for whatever reason it's nearly nowhere mentioned) has a special kodi-build-in-version. The first time i run that Box i uprgaded straight away to the newest 15.2 version of Kodi.

It seems that the video-output is better and the himedia player ist wrapped behind that version. i am quite happy now since the Kodi Files now look similar to the ones i play with Himedia Player

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help: Code for external player won't work1