Playing 1080p60 (gopro)
Thanks smp1, I guess that getting a RPi3 won't fix it :-).
It wouldn't play on my RPI2 either. I took the liberty of re-encoding the video with Handbrake and now it should work just fine...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3yuR8...GtzNUdNcFU
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Actually it does play on the RPi2 - quite well, once it starts; the concern as per my original post, is how long it takes to get started, which seems really quite long, like it is filling a buffer, or converting the file itself or preparing some other setting.

k.
(2017-02-26, 00:54)jksmurf Wrote: Thanks smp1, I guess that getting a RPi3 won't fix it :-).

Tried your sample Example 1 on slightly overclocked Pi3 with small cache settings and it plays OK.
It starts immediately, stutters for 0.5-1 second, and then plays flowlessly till end.
(2017-02-27, 13:20)Sholander Wrote: It starts immediately, stutters for 0.5-1 second, and then plays flowlessly till end.
Can you post your cache settings?
(2017-02-27, 15:36)smp1 Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 13:20)Sholander Wrote: It starts immediately, stutters for 0.5-1 second, and then plays flowlessly till end.
Can you post your cache settings?

Cache:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <splash>false</splash>
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>

OC:
Code:
arm_freq=1250
  core_freq=500
  gpu_freq=500
  over_voltage=2
  sdram_freq=500
  over_voltage_sdram=4
  sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
(2017-02-27, 13:20)Sholander Wrote: Tried your sample Example 1 on slightly overclocked Pi3 with small cache settings and it plays OK.
It starts immediately, stutters for 0.5-1 second, and then plays flowlessly till end.

Thanks for giving it a try, and sending cache settings. If possible, without inconveniencing you and dependent on your network speed, could you possibly try with the larger file?

My cache settings were

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>
    </cache>
    <network>
        <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
          <curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime>
        <curlretries>2</curlretries>
    </network>

I'm not sure where to read off the OC settings; as above I set mine to "Medium" Blush
Playing one of jksmurf's samples on Android Kodi and SPMC, x86 LE Chromebox and Win32 vv17 and v18 nightlies I see the same buffering so this does not really looki like an RPi issue. Files remuxed to .ts play fine

Martin
Might be worth creating a trac ticket if the buffering issue occurs on multiple platforms.
I could give this a try, although whilst I have read the method, I am not really qualified to answer any questions/requests for tests which might arise from it. I'm not sure if referring to this thread is permitted either, but details from the original fellow and a second person with a similar file may be useful. I am the third with a similar issue, emveepee, on a second platform suggests he is a fourth.

k.
Argh.

I just submitted a ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17373 but discovered 2 seconds later someone had done so in http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17371 . Thanks whoever that was.

k.
(2017-02-28, 02:07)jksmurf Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 13:20)Sholander Wrote: Tried your sample Example 1 on slightly overclocked Pi3 with small cache settings and it plays OK.

Thanks for giving it a try, and sending cache settings. If possible, without inconveniencing you and dependent on your network speed, could you possibly try with the larger file?

My cache settings were

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>
    </cache>
    <network>
    </network>

I'm not sure where to read off the OC settings; as above I set mine to "Medium" Blush

your buffer settings are wrong, check the wiki for updated krypton settings
Quote:FUTURE KRYPTON FEATURE

In Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag.
Also, <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> is renamed to <readfactor>.

Ooops, right you are, I had in post 14 above changed the advancedsettings.xml to reflect the new <cache></cache> and <network></network> sections from the link, but forgot to rename the <cachemembuffersize> to <memorysize> and <readbufferfactor> to <readfactor>.

Will try again.

k.
Tried with revised advancedsettings.xml, still get a long pause on the Larger Example File so I believe the issue remains.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
        <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
        <readfactor>5</readfactor>
    </cache>
    <network>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
          <from>D:/GBPVRVids/</from>
          <to>smb://SMURFPC/GBPVRVIDS/</to>
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
          <from>G:/ArchivedMovies/</from>
          <to>smb://SMURFPC/ARCHIVEDMOVIES/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Glad to see that I'm not the only one having problems with my 1080p50 GroPro videos. As exactly described above my videos play fine for about 1-2 secs, then freeze for a longer period. You can overcome this a little by forced time jumps as @Sam81 already pointed out. I tried several buffering setups in advandedsettings.xml without any effect. Maybe overclocking might help but since @emveepee reported this even on Android it's probably OS unrelated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing 1080p60 (gopro)0