Kodi IP is 169.254.x.x
(2016-02-10, 00:52)Derek Wrote: But does it effect Kodi? It can have multiple IP's i believe as mine displays my ethernet 192.168.1.8 in the system tab but i can connect my wifi remote from android to the 192.168.0.8 address.

I can also connect shares from 192.168.1.x network and 192.168.2.x network so is it just a cosmetic thing?

I think it would affect Kore remote, if u can't put in the proper IP address .

do u know why Kore is not auto detecting my Kodi server?
I have enabled all the settings required by Kore.

Only way for kore to work is for me to manually enter the 192.x.x.x address
It wont auto detect as you have multiple networks but its no big task to type in a few details?

My Kore works fine with multiple IP's, best to make it static though or you'll be changing it all the time.
Why not allocate a fixed IP address for your kodi box in your dhcp server? Then you'll always know what to put into kore or yatse.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think I have the solution. I had the same problem a few years ago with an xbmc app for iOS I believe. In my case it was the laptop that was both connected to my network by cable and by wifi.

You need to go to Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections --> Advanced --> Advanced settings.
In there you can change the order of your connections. Make sure that your main connection is above your VPN TAP LAN adapter. That should do the trick!!

You're welcomeBig Grin
(2016-02-10, 21:45)zawaponga Wrote: I think I have the solution. I had the same problem a few years ago with an xbmc app for iOS I believe. In my case it was the laptop that was both connected to my network by cable and by wifi.

You need to go to Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections --> Advanced --> Advanced settings.
In there you can change the order of your connections. Make sure that your main connection is above your VPN TAP LAN adapter. That should do the trick!!

You're welcomeBig Grin

Ok I found it.

This has solved the first problem, Kodi is getting the correct LAN IP

But now Kore won't autodect Kodi when when I disabled Bluetooth connection.
Bluetooth connection is not listed in Advanced settings so I can't moved it down to the bottom.

I still need to disable the TAP connection before Kore autodetects Kodi.
(2016-02-10, 17:21)Derek Wrote: It wont auto detect as you have multiple networks but its no big task to type in a few details?

My Kore works fine with multiple IP's, best to make it static though or you'll be changing it all the time.

Thanks..

I found out why it is not detected.

I just disabled bluetooth network connection, and it found it.

Since I might need those other connections...
Now the question is how to enable this Bluetooth network connection and TAP Local Area Connection so that

-Kore would still autodetect Kodi
-Kodi would get the proper network ip.
It wont matter,

Set a static IP i.e. 192.168.0.5 and connect kore to that all the time the other ips wont interfere atall its pretty simple

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi IP is 169.254.x.x0