Night-time viewing
Hello all,

There's lots of research to support the fact that blue light from screens causes your brain to wake up and therefore should be avoided up to an hour before sleep. Obviously this is never going to happen if you consider how much we use our phones and so apps such as 'Twilight' for android were developed to filter out the blue light.

I'm wondering whether there is anything similar for Kodi so that we can have the TV on in the evening without messing up our body clocks. There is an app for Linux called 'Redshift' but from reading around, it doesnt appear to work on OpenElec. What would be really helpful is an addon to mimic twilight that can be enabled/disabled on the fly.

What are your thoughts?

Max
Turn off your tv a couple of hours before you plan to go to bed... No, really. There is no quick fix.
Haha!

It seems like it would be a good feature. There's a massive market for computers and smartphones, media centres fit comfortably in as well wouldn't you think?
I dont think this would be a Kodi feature, but rather a feature of each different OS.
It is probably the worst quixk fix I have ever heard about. Either you stare into a lightbulb or you dont. Also and what matters more is to let your brain get a break to process and release information rather rhan sponging up soaps..
I use a blue light filter on my phone, my work and home computers. I believe that it has helped me with my eye fatigue/vision over the last year +. I am interested in trying to get this developed for KODI. How much would something like this cost to develop? And is there a group of people to contact about the possibility to bring this to life?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night-time viewing1