Req Add option for black colored subtitles
Under Settings --> Video settings --> Subtitles to set the font size and color, there's a grey, a blue, even a yellow color option, but no black color option. Could a black color setting be added to this list of available colors?

I have a specific use case for this request, but it doesn't work without black colored subtitles.
For what in the world do you require black subtitles? I doubt it will ever be an option cause it's senseless. But I am curious about what your specific case is.
Having the option to use black colored subtitles will allow me to change the font to Impact Label and have the resulting subtitles look like closed captions. I'm hard-of-hearing and while I wish for prettier subtitles (Opague bars\boxes) above all else I want subtitles that are blocked off from the display somewhat, making them easier to read. What we have now works for the most part but if there's any text on the bottom of the screen or if the color is off I have to strain to read the subtitles.

This is what the Impact Label font looks like with white color subtitles:

Can you see how much more like closed captioning it appears? If the subtitles were black, then this would be the closest thing to closed captioning bars on Kodi I've seen yet and it only needs a special font and a color added to the options.

This is what the font is supposed to look like if the font color is black:

It's not perfect, but it's closer to what I and others have been looking for. So can you see the merit in this use case? I just wish I could find a font that is like this one but which is completely free so it could be distributed with Kodi as a method of making closed caption style subtitles.
Ah I see, my only suggestion for now would be, put the subtitles below the video in the black border, and make the font color white with no background. That's if your video doesn't take up the full screen.

Either way +1 for Raising Hope, I've been rewatching it lately also.
Hey there.
I know this is not what we all have been looking for but I have gathered a series of commands that more or less lead to what we want.
2622050 (post)
Nevertheless I think doing it this way - if it's even feasible Huh - it won't be cross platform.
It could probably work on Linux/Mac boxes. Might even work on Android or LibreELEC.
But it certainly wouldn't work on Windows, at least not with this set of tools that I used.
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add option for black colored subtitles0