PCI Graphics Card For Kodi?
Hang on, let me explain before you tell me that I'm crazy. Tongue

I currently run a combo Server/Bedroom HTPC as well as a livingroom HTPC. (See Here) But I'm thinking that in the next year I'd like to 'split' that combo machine into a truly dedicated server and a dedicated bedroom HTPC. For the dedicated HTPC, I'd use the server's current mATX Haswell board since I have no real need for expansion. To drive the server I have an older P67 Sandy Bridge chipset board in the closet that I can get a CPU and memory for. Being an ATX board with 5 PCI-E slots, it's MUCH more suitable for a server that sits quietly in the closet.

The P67 chipset lacks support for intel graphics, it requires a discrete graphics card of some kind and I'd like to minimize the foot print of that discrete card. I'd like to run Kodi on this machine, but just in the background to ensure that updates to the MySQL database and such are entered when downloads complete but both HTPC's are turned off. This means I need a card that can run Kodi and if I can, to minimize it's foot print, a PCI card would fit nicely into that mobos two old school PCI slots that would otherwise go unused but leave me all the PCI-E ports for whatever extra storage controllers I should want to add. Especially any 4x or 8x controllers that would require the 16x slots. So do I just need ANYTHING with DX9? Cause I really want to just hit eBay to get some cheap single slot retro thing that can keep Kodi cooking in the background.
What is a DX9HuhHuh
(2016-02-10, 18:49)neutronspin Wrote: What is a DX9HuhHuh

Direct X 9.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2016-02-10, 21:33)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 18:49)neutronspin Wrote: What is a DX9HuhHuh

Direct X 9.

I mean, I guess it's true that I failed to mention that it's a Windows based server, but on this forum I'd have figured people would know what 'DX9' meant. o.o

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PCI Graphics Card For Kodi?0