Bug Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 and 16.1 does not exit all the time.
I have corrected both the thread heading and the post.

I hope someone will be able to figure out what is going on with this problem.

It is funny how these threads go off on a tangent.

Tongue
Disable the version check addon if it is enabled. Stop kodi (might hang once again) and then it should be better on next cycle.

PS: If you find language errors, you can keep them :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-11, 00:03)fritsch Wrote: Disable the version check addon if it is enabled. Stop kodi (might hang once again) and then it should be better on next cycle.

PS: If you find language errors, you can keep them :-)

Thank you fritsch.

I will turn the version checker off and see what happens.

I corrected the language errors in this thread I started and it ended with a storm in a teacup. Tongue
Those are no biggy at all - sorry that you got in trouble cause of them.

I am not a native speaker my self and most of the time my english sounds "genglish", german english.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
My kodi has same issue.
I already disabled update check and all optional addons and services. That didnt help.
I'm using Arctic Zephyr skin and disabled all Widgets and UI elements. So there is only main menu shown.
Sometimes kodi stops responding after an exit attempt. I even cannot kill it cause it block UI completely and even Taskmanager is unable to break through. Only Reboot helps.
I have to restart kodi not often. After some days running kodi's UI stops being snappy. Starting over helps a lot.
(2016-02-11, 19:36)xoxoxexe Wrote: My kodi has same issue.
I already disabled update check and all optional addons and services. That didnt help.
I'm using Arctic Zephyr skin and disabled all Widgets and UI elements. So there is only main menu shown.
Sometimes kodi stops responding after an exit attempt. I even cannot kill it cause it block UI completely and even Taskmanager is unable to break through. Only Reboot helps.
I have to restart kodi not often. After some days running kodi's UI stops being snappy. Starting over helps a lot.
There's literally nothing to go on there. Does taskmanager mean you're in windows (or that I'm completely ignorant of linux)?
Best to start a new thread / debug log if you want someone to look.
I have just upgraded to the Jarvis Stable Release and it is restarting
Kodi when I select Exit on the Shutdown menu again.

Here are the latest crash logs:

The bug is still there.

Any ideas?
Please do a full memory test.

It seems your stack is smashed, which means memory corruption somewhere. When it crashes next also provide dmesg | pastebinit
@fritsch could be related to our caused by the bug I fixed yesterday https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9194?
Yeah in deed :-) thanks for jumping in.
(2016-02-24, 09:16)fritsch Wrote: Please do a full memory test.

It seems your stack is smashed, which means memory corruption somewhere. When it crashes next also provide dmesg | pastebinit

Do I type dmesg | pastebinit in the terminal when Kodi restarts?
Nope, wait until there is a testbuil with ksooo's fix.
The bug is still there with Kodi Version 16.1 Jarvis:

I have also done a memory test using the program Memtest86+ from the grub menu
for 24 hours with no RAM errors.

Here is a recent crash log that occurred when I tried to Exit Kodi from the shutdown menu:

Paste expires after 1 month from 03/06/2016

kodi_crashlog-20160603_004611.log
http://pastebin.com/Xa3y2qeH

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 and 16.1 does not exit all the time.0