No HD audio passthru in Jarvis?
In Kodi 16 RC3 I don't see the options for DTS-HD or TrueHD capable receiver to enable passthru. I read on some forum that this feature is not present? Tried reading Kodi changelogs but I see no mention of this, only that HD audio is now enabled for Android builds.

Is this present in Isengaard?
Did you enable the advanced settings on the audio settings screen?
(2016-02-10, 20:29)wyild1 Wrote: Did you enable the advanced settings on the audio settings screen?

Yes I have. It is connected via HDMI to my receiver. I also set speakers to 7.1 and tried all 3 settings for output (Best, Optimized, Fixed).
Feature is still present on Kodi 17 Alpha1. So I doubt very much it's not present in Kodi 16 Wink

Go to system settings->system->audio output

look at the bottom left of that window and make sure your settings level is set to "expert". Only in "expert"-mode the passthrough options are visible. In those settings you still are able to set DTS-capable receiver and so on after passthrough is enabled.

If you are using PulseAudio as a sound server, read this:

PulseAudio (wiki)
Maybe you guys should actually read. No there is no official hd audio on android for v16
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
oh...missed the android part...sorry Wink
Changed from Advanced to Expert, still don't see them, I only see 2 entries - 'DTS capable receiver', 'AC3 capable receiver', nothing for HD audio. This is a new install of Kodi, I haven't changed anything else, so I don't think I'm using Pulse.
Like Martijn said...,if you are using android, there is no HD Audio for it.
No sure where Android comes in, probably my fault for mentioning it and causing confusion.

This is running from my laptop, Windows 10. I will post screenshots if needed.
and your receiver can do HD audio?
Screenshots from your audio settings might be best

And if someone (Darren probably Wink) is able to move this to 'windows-section', thanks
(2016-02-10, 21:59)wyild1 Wrote: and your receiver can do HD audio?

Yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HD audio passthru in Jarvis?0