TESTERS (no longer) WANTED: New TVDB scraper
Have to correct myself, the new scraper finds more shows like it should Smile
Quick question. Are you considering searching in multiple languages for the title?

It seem that TVDB for some shows they can only be search in specific languages.

Here there is a example.

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=en

doesn't return any results.

<Data></Data>

but:

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=es

does.

<Data>
<Series>
<seriesid>237531</seriesid>
<language>es</language>
<SeriesName>El secreto de Puente Viejo</SeriesName>
<banner>graphical/237531-g.jpg</banner>
<FirstAired>2011-04-03</FirstAired>
<Network>Antena 3</Network>
<IMDB_ID>tt1847905</IMDB_ID>
<id>237531</id>
</Series>
</Data>

I haver several shows on this case, but the scrapper doesn't support multiple languages (as far as I know)
I discovered that site api returns no results for "the frankenstein chronicles", but returns correct data when searched without "the". So the addon worked only when I removed article from the folder name.
@[email protected]:
(2016-02-22, 17:32)scudlee Wrote: What this isn't
A feature request thread.
Sorry. Not considering adding any more new features in this thread. This thread is purely for testing the existing features.

It is still possible to change any scraper setting (including the language) for individual shows within your source folder.

@scf2k:
This is an issue on TVDB's end of things. There's a thread on their forums about this very title. The only reason "Frankenstein Chronicles" (sans "The") works is because someone specifically added it as an alias (it's not the search returning a partial match of the full title). If that alias wasn't there, there would be no way to match at all. (Interestingly, the alias doesn't appear in the returned data though.)

There's not a lot that can be done on this end - ultimately, we can only rely on the search results the TVDB API sends back. There's no change in behaviour between the current scraper and the new.
scudlee yeah I've guessed it's their problem. Thanks for the link.
Bump
FYI - been using this for a week now - no problems so far! Seems to do a much better job over the orig scrapper especially with shows that have same titles and multiple countries or same title and multiple years.
Since i was having a small problem with the original TVDB scraper, thought i would test this one out. Still scanning but everything seems to be working fine. Will post again once i check through the episodes.
Couple of updates/fixes:

metadata.tvdb.com.xslt

First fix is in the search. It now goes back to the old behaviour of adding the year to the title and relying on Kodi to fall back to removing the year if it gets no results with the year attached.
Because the years are scraped, though, the results on the second pass are still sorted correctly.

I did this because I've noticed some shows with years attached not appearing when you search for them without the year. The Family (2016) and War and Peace (2016), specifically, but there may be more.
(I'd also thought of a hypothetical edge-case scenario where the scraper would pick the wrong show.)

The other update is a new rating source option...[drumroll]... Trakt.tv!
(I know I said I wasn't adding any new new features, but whatever.Wink)

Assuming it works, and doesn't get itself blocked by trakt.tv for making too many requests, expect to see the trakt.tv ratings become available (again) in other scrapers. Probably other information too, eventually.
Had one problem with a show, prior to the update, but after I updated the scraper, and did a rescan of the library, the issue was corrected. No other issues from me.
(2016-03-07, 23:52)scudlee Wrote: Couple of updates/fixes:

metadata.tvdb.com.xslt

First fix is in the search. It now goes back to the old behaviour of adding the year to the title and relying on Kodi to fall back to removing the year if it gets no results with the year attached.
Because the years are scraped, though, the results on the second pass are still sorted correctly.

I did this because I've noticed some shows with years attached not appearing when you search for them without the year. The Family (2016) and War and Peace (2016), specifically, but there may be more.
(I'd also thought of a hypothetical edge-case scenario where the scraper would pick the wrong show.)

The other update is a new rating source option...[drumroll]... Trakt.tv!
(I know I said I wasn't adding any new new features, but whatever.Wink)

Assuming it works, and doesn't get itself blocked by trakt.tv for making too many requests, expect to see the trakt.tv ratings become available (again) in other scrapers. Probably other information too, eventually.

updated and all is working well. (thanks)

with the addition of trakt ratings - could you add a setting similar to the tvdb fallback for missing imdb ratings *(but for trakt?)

Great work!

Mario

---
just had a thought after this post.. maybe a setting that lets you choose the order of ratings (similar to sort order, etc) - ?
rotten tomatoes and meta critic also good ratings sources if you are looking to expand beyond the 3 you have so far.

thanks again Smile
Hello,
I am new to this forum and kodi in general.

Just a question about your scraper: Is it possible that there are no folders, just two tv shows in one folder?

Why is the movie scraper able to scan corretly several movies in one folder and the normal tvdb not?
Added more tv shows, for some reason season 3 of The Legend Of Korra is not getting scraped. Season 1 & 2 did fine. The log just says it failed to scan the tvshow.
Not sure what it was, but i removed the show from the library and then rescaned and now it is showing up.
This should be the last test update:
metadata.tvdb.com.xslt

Fixes/tweaks:
Ratings fallback logic changed to work with Trakt. (Not going to do any more complex multi-step fallback.)

Merged DVD episodes are moved to being listed first in the episodeguide, for the edge case where someone uses DVD order but has date-based file names (otherwise they'd only get the details for the first part).

Added the new runtime tag for series. I'm guessing this will only have effect on nightly builds.

Assuming no new issues crop up, I'll make a Pull Request for the new scraper later this week.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS (no longer) WANTED: New TVDB scraper1