WIP Help please
I know nothing about the Kodi box but am considering a purchase. I would like to know, is difficult to set up and operate. I am not a computer buff and an OAP who wants to watch golf. I would appreciate advice and recommendations please.

RonB
Kodi is not meant to get you free sports tv. Kodi is a mediacenter system which is able to play _your_ own media. Things can be added via add-ons. But not any add-on is lega. See here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

If the box you want to buy uses one of those add-ons or repositories you won't get any support if you run into issues (which is very common for those addons).

And I would recommend NOT to buy anything with Kodi preinstalled. Most of those 'boxes' are fully loaded with those banned add-ons.
If your in the UK get sky sports for golf, im sure you can also get it via the USA to stream, theres a channel dedicated to European and US Golf with great coverage.
Thank you very much for your reply. Which Kodi box should I buy and is it easy to use please?
Derek:

where would you get the addon or the stream from? I might be a bit confused as here in germany "Sky" is related to a Pay-TV service. So you have to pay for watching it. If your suggestion is related to this and you know a way round the payment, then it might be illegal. Sorry, if I might be wrong.

@ronb: there is a hardware subforum in here, where you are able to get infos from. Kodi runs well on different kinds of hardware...and Kodi is nearly the same on any platform you will run it. So the Kodi usage won´t change on different hardware.
My advice? Don't buy any box calling itself anything with kodi in the name and get a sports subscription.
And yes, that means paying up. But that doesn't matter because you saved spending it on a crappy box.
David: I did mean paying for the service rather than a kodi box with illegal content just for golf its kind of unbeatable in the UK.
I beleive its not that expensive for s single sky sports channel using sky go to view.

There are many ways around satalite pay channels for free of course but this is not the place to discuss such things.
Thank you for your replies gentlemen, very much appreciated. This whole subject is new to me and I am finding it rather confusing. I did see a box yesterday which you had to make a one off payment via a card you inserted into the box and that covered all sorts of sports. It is because I know nothing about this topic at all and from the various posts I have read, which I find very technical, I doubt if I ever will. I need to find something simple and easy to understand. Thanks again,
Quote:I know nothing about the Kodi box but am considering a purchase
It's free, grab it now!
To be honest I'd forget a Kodi box and get a Sky box and subscription to Sky Sports.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Agree Darren

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help please0