Bug Kodi hangs on quit
I have been using Kodi Ver 16 rc3 and having a problem with the quit command. The program hangs and a couple of left clicks of the mouse will mostly complete the quit. Sometimes the windows error window opens then I can close through there.
Today I decided to uninstall and install Ver 15.2. To my surprise it quits as intended. I then upgraded to 16 rc3 and the same problem with quit recurred.
I have now reverted to 15.2 and all works fine.
Is this a known bug? And can it be fixed?
I am on windows evaluation copy build 14257
Are you sure it's hanging? Depending on what add-ons you have installed, or what your set-up is (for example if you use a MySQL (wiki) database or similar) you may find that certain things are either tidying-up/closing down or having similar communications and filing when you close Kodi, which can take some time (or even fail or take a long time to time-out).

As an experiment, if you go to your roaming folder (type %APPDATA% into Windows Explorer) and rename the Kodi folder you find there to Kodi.bak (or anything else, just change its name) and then restart and quit Kodi, and see if that closes down fine or not. Doing the rename will basically reset your Kodi to new-install so you can test things and see if it's something installed that's causing it, or whether it's Kodi itself (or Windows).

To undo the test, just delete the newly made Kodi folder (if the Kodi folder doesn't exist when you start Kodi, it will create a new one) and rename the old one back to Kodi to restore everything.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Are you using directx audio, try waspi bet it dosent hang if not well back to the drawing board Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi hangs on quit0