Old Frontend
Many moons ago there was a frontend that automatically downloaded and installed the latest nightly builds for you without user input; anyone know what happened to this it was in the xbmc days long time ago but was a VERY useful app.
Noone atall remember this small application i found it hugely useful to come home from work with the latest nightly pre-installed and it even allowed rollback.

If it helps i think it was around when XBMC was still being repleased for XBOX so 2009ish maybe i just wondered why this frontend died of death.
I Just noticed my old modded XBOX is running XBMP not XBMC which i found quite funny as its has the build date of 2003 hehe.
Lightbulb 
does no one actually remember what im talking about? No i'd get very greatfull for someone to acknowlege they remember and that i didnt dream it for a massive amount of nightly builds Eek
I remember it, it was unofficial so I guess the person who maintained it got real life issues and moved on.
I'm guessing it's this you're talking about http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=48517
Rainbow 
jjd you've made my day i thought i was loosing it more than i actually am Smile

it would be great if someone updated this which i guess wouldnt be too much work; if only i were that way inclined but pascal was about my limit when at college so long ago! I wonder what would be involved to get it up to spec and running with the curent daily builds.

It was a very useful small peice of software and i even remember when it stopped being supported and no longer worked which was a disapointent.

Thanks for finding that i wasnt aware it had a forum page or i would have searched the forum rather than just the net for it.

Your a star thanks again Cool
Thats right reading that thread the developer of the front end was compiling his own nightlies so they could be in zip format so the front end to parse them and install them without user intervention and to start with you could choose openGL or directx, then he dropped openGL.

Im amazed someone hasnt taken this over or made something similar although maybe there is a front end kind of like this in the big bad world i havent found who knows.

I just know i loved coming home to a fresh nightly pre-installed and if there was a problem you just rolled back to a stable one. Love

Where is the replacement!!!! Stare
Come on coders make my day and bring it back from the dead i'd do it for you if i could Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Old Frontend0