License Key Won't Verify
Unfortunately this isn't working.

I'm using PuTTY.exe and I've followed the steps from http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config.txt and rebooted RPi2 (running OpenELEC 6.0.1) several times and triple checked the IP address and serial number, but the verification still indicates MPG2=disabled.

As a check I've gone back into config.txt using /W and it lists the decodes and specifically that decode_MPG2=0xIsCorrect. So the license key has been saved in the config.txt file.

Once I leave config.txt I then run vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2 and it comes back as MPG2=disabled.

A reply from RPi2 licensing suggested I try using Shift E on screen instead of PuTTY to enter the key.
In the config.txt screen the key was correct as given, but I backspaced anyway and re-entered it again typing not pasting.

I then rebooted and started PuTTY again and entered the verify and still get MPG2=disabled. I did this again no change.

I rebooted and rechecked all the numbers. Still the same the config.txt has the correct key, but won't verify.

Any ideas?
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09
Did you uncomment the line (remove the # before it) because I forgot to do that once and felt pretty silly when i noticed it.
ssh into OpenELEC and run:
Code:
cat /flash/config.txt | paste
cat /proc/cpuinfo | paste
then paste the two urls.

It doesn't matter if you publish the codec licence key, it will only work with your Pi. Trying to hide the key when you may have mistyped it (or it may have been issued incorrectly) only confuses the issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-02-11, 23:05)Av3nged Wrote: Did you uncomment the line (remove the # before it) because I forgot to do that once and felt pretty silly when i noticed it.

Well now I can share that with you. When I first started I made sure, but after doing it a few times it must have slipped back in.

I had made so much progress and then spending all that time - well everyone knows how that feels.

Thanks
RPi2 - OpenELEC v6.0.3 - Kodi v15 - HDHR Connect HDHR4-2US(CA) v2015.11.09

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
License Key Won't Verify0