Resolution when using a projector
Hello all,

I have been using Kodi for quite some time now using Raspberry Pi on my home TV with Full HD resolution (1920x1080). It's been great!

Recently I've moved the Kodi + Pi to my old projector. It's an InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 and I have an issue with the resolution.

Although the screen seems to support HD options of either 1080i or 720p, Kodi seems to give me only one option which is 1024x768.

Just wondering if I'm missing anything or if the resolution can be adjusted to something that is more aligned with HD resolution?

Thanks!
If I read the spec correctly, you must be using a converter to transfer from the RPi HDMI output to your DVI input.
It's possible that this will either not transmit EDID for the projector correctly, or the projector doesn't have a correct version of the EDID (had this happen for a monitor/TV).
Can you get an SSH connection to the RPi as booted when connected to the TV, and use tvservice to ascertain what modes are found to be possible?
You'll need to try:
tvservice -m CEA
tvservice -m DMT
to get the list of possibilities.
You may then be able to set up the mode to use in config.txt
Derek
According this link http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus-SP_4805.htm

Your projector has:

Native Resolution: 854x480

Data Modes: MAX 1024x768

you can play with this options, but be careful.
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/tag...g.txt/info
(2016-02-12, 12:21)ivota Wrote: Your projector has:

Native Resolution: 854x480

I've been trying to read more about this but this is a bit confusing. So I've read this article about native resolution and also this article about maximum resolution and I just wonder if it's all worth it?

If the projector is only physically capable of 854x480 and no more, then what's the point in using anything else? No matter what I do in the end it will get translated to the native resolution. Right?

At the moment, even with Kodi resolution set to 1024x768 I can watch both HD and FullHD movies, so if I forced it into 1080i will I notice any improvement in image quality?

The other thing that puzzles me is how could the projector support 1080i if the maximum resolution is at 768 lines?

I know this is not specifically Kodi related, so I hope this is still ok to ask.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution when using a projector0