Only play subtitle files .srt
I have a bunch of movies that have subtitles built into the video files, so I have to keep turning them off. But also I have movies where I added .SRT files right beside the video file that contains subtitles for non-english speaking parts only. There should be a setting to not play any subtitles unless there is a .SRT file next to the video file.
When you rip your disc, just add the non-english speaking parts only.

or

Run your rip through mkvmerge and select the sub you want, eliminate the others.

or

Add your non-english speaking parts only using mkvmerge and mark it as 'Forced' and 'Default'.

or

Map a subtitle scrolling key to your remote if you can't be bothered entering the OSD with your mouse during playback.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-02-12, 20:17)brazen1 Wrote: When you rip your disc, just add the non-english speaking parts only.

or

Run your rip through mkvmerge and select the sub you want, eliminate the others.

or

Add your non-english speaking parts only using mkvmerge and mark it as 'Forced' and 'Default'.

or

Map a subtitle scrolling key to your remote if you can't be bothered entering the OSD with your mouse during playback.

Thanks but I found an easier way to do it. In video settings put subtitles to "none" then go to each movie you wish to have subtitles and turn them on manually to use external sub's Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only play subtitle files .srt0