Apple tv 4 how to kodi addons?
Greetings folks, I just picked up an apple tv 4 which I sideloaded with kodi 17 and wanted to know if there was an easy way or app to sideload kodi's popular addons such as the ones available for the amazon fire tv box. I'm pretty tech savvy and have rooted/installed kodi on other devices, but the apple tv 4 seems is a whole different animal. Any help or if someone can point me in the right direction this would be gladly appreciated. Also, anyone know of an easy way to update kodi on apple tv 4 without loosing current settings?

Thanks guys!
(2016-02-13, 01:29)xmatic Wrote: Greetings folks, I just picked up an apple tv 4 which I sideloaded with kodi 17 and wanted to know if there was an easy way or app to sideload kodi's popular addons such as the ones available for the amazon fire tv box. I'm pretty tech savvy and have rooted/installed kodi on other devices, but the apple tv 4 seems is a whole different animal. Any help or if someone can point me in the right direction this would be gladly appreciated. Also, anyone know of an easy way to update kodi on apple tv 4 without loosing current settings?

Thanks guys!

You'd install the addons the exact same way, through a repository or zip file

Do keep in mind, any talk of banned add-ons (wiki) will be removed
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-02-13, 06:06)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 01:29)xmatic Wrote: Greetings folks, I just picked up an apple tv 4 which I sideloaded with kodi 17 and wanted to know if there was an easy way or app to sideload kodi's popular addons such as the ones available for the amazon fire tv box. I'm pretty tech savvy and have rooted/installed kodi on other devices, but the apple tv 4 seems is a whole different animal. Any help or if someone can point me in the right direction this would be gladly appreciated. Also, anyone know of an easy way to update kodi on apple tv 4 without loosing current settings?

Thanks guys!

You'd install the addons the exact same way, through a repository or zip file

Do keep in mind, any talk of banned add-ons (wiki) will be removed

I understand the forum policy on banned add ons and I will not discuss these addons in particular. I know how and where to obtain the addons I need, I guess the question that I should of of/meant to ask was how do you transfer zip files or any other files to the apple tv 4? I know for the fire tv there's are apps such as adb fire and such so wanted to know how to login to my apple tv4 to install/transfer zip files.
You could use the kodi file manager to copy from a network share.
(2016-02-13, 15:59)tredman Wrote: You could use the kodi file manager to copy from a network share.

So I'm assuming this file manager is built into kodi? i've never used this feature before in all my kodi boxes in the past.
Yep, in confluence press down from settings on main menu and its there.

Been in Kodi since forever.
(2016-02-13, 16:14)tredman Wrote: Yep, in confluence press down from settings on main menu and its there.

Thanks man, i've never personally used this feature before lol
(2016-02-13, 16:16)xmatic Wrote:
(2016-02-13, 16:14)tredman Wrote: Yep, in confluence press down from settings on main menu and its there.

Thanks man, i've never personally used this feature before lol

It's a weird one, I've always used it, but some hate it!
Keep in mind, addons are not supported in Apple TV 4, so if you have any problems, please do not come here to complain about them.

I will bin the posts. I wouldnt of even helped with installation myself, but since Dantheman827 did thats fine.
Tredman, Are you able to use this feature to add addon from zipfile, Can you please share me the steps to install from zipfile on apple tv 4
(2016-04-22, 13:47)rg28322 Wrote: Tredman, Are you able to use this feature to add addon from zipfile, Can you please share me the steps to install from zipfile on apple tv 4

There are atleast two ways to do it.

1. You can upload the add on zip files to a url. You simply add your url to the file manager as a source or
2. You enable the network share where your add ons are eg. I have mine on my mac mini on which I have installed samba. Kodi via windows workgroup sees the samba share.

Keep in mind that this is at your own peril ie. there is no support for the add ons at this stage.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thinking about buying an ATV, why are addons not supported, do they not all work? What's the issue?
oh come on - there are some big atv4 threads on the top of the forums. Read!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 4 how to kodi addons?0