Kodi multydisplay handling
Hai all, I want to open this topic in order to describe something i consider a bug. I hope to write down details in a clear way.

There is something wrong in the way kodi handles multiple display.

I'm going to describe a wrong behaviour on a Windows system with monitor-1 and monitor-2:
let's start with kodi in windowed mode on moitor-1.
Let's start a video from library, IPTV or video add-on. Good, now the video is running into a window of monitor-1.

We should now change disply mode from "windowed" to "full screen-2". (SYSTEM - System - Video output - Display mode - Full screen 2)
After a short while kody will be displayed in full screen mode on monitor-2.

When we close all the configuration windows and we click on video to bring it in foreground, kodi will return on monitor-1.

This is one of the wrong behaviour in multy monitor handling of kodi.

Could some one with a multy monitor system test the described scenario and give feedback.
I hope to read soon some confirmation in order to excalate this behaviour to developers team for correction.

Thanks all for reading up to here.
Check the wiki's, then use Google to search "Kodi multi display" and you will get tons of links to tons of messages regarding this issue 'this an't nothin new'. The fairly wordy solution have been amply described in those threads.

The essence is... keeping both displays open an extended screen start Koid in windowed mode on the desktop, drag the window into the second screen, hit the slash '\' to open full screen. (the order you do this is important), if your hardware doesn't do this, buy another system. There are other success stories with other solutions, search around. Check post #2

Out of the box http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...-xbmc.html
Thanks PatK for sudgestions. I definitely agree with author of sudgested post:
it would be nice if this issue would be solved.
I find problems using multi display so just use a single display for kodi and it solves it i know its a cop out fix but i have a flawless installationl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi multydisplay handling0