Android FIRESTICK UPDATE STOPS KODI???
(2016-02-24, 20:03)lowridin_guy Wrote: This is not because of fire OS 5.0.5 but because there was an update to IkonoTV which was being used as a sacrificial app for Kodi. An update recently broke this link.
You'll have to launch Kodi using the Application Manager or if you're on 5.0.5 then it should be in Apps, My Apps Library.

Mine updated to OS 5.0.5 with no issues affecting Kodi. Actually memory usage is quite a bit lower on the new OS so I'm happy.

If I re-linked IkonoTV to Kodi would that fix the problem? If so that will be an easy fix.
Should be. It would be easy to try it. Better yet just install Firestarter and launch from there. That is what I use and it works great.
The Ikonotv link is done with llama, and that is not working with the new update.
mine wont work after update i get a message saying firestarter exception logcat failed
help
Hello - I am having the same issue as nickhaaa in post 13. All fine before 5.0.5 update then was really buggy. Did a full factory reset and can't download from the kodi download page on arm - just nothing happens.

Tried htpcbeginner. Can get to the download page but can't actually click on the download icon.

Is there a way round this yet as I'm totally baffled
(2016-03-02, 22:26)moordown66 Wrote: Hello - I am having the same issue as nickhaaa in post 13. All fine before 5.0.5 update then was really buggy. Did a full factory reset and can't download from the kodi download page on arm - just nothing happens.

Tried htpcbeginner. Can get to the download page but can't actually click on the download icon.

As others have stated in previous threads, try using ES File Explorer to download firestarter, then firestarter to install Kodi.
(2016-03-03, 00:51)JxPx Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 22:26)moordown66 Wrote: Hello - I am having the same issue as nickhaaa in post 13. All fine before 5.0.5 update then was really buggy. Did a full factory reset and can't download from the kodi download page on arm - just nothing happens.

As others have stated in previous threads, try using ES File Explorer to download firestarter, then firestarter to install Kodi.

Its doing the same for fire starter as the kodi arm download link. Seems a few of us are having the same issue. We can click on most links but the kodi arm and fire starter links just wont work. Im gonna try and put kodi on my fire stick by using my computer tonight and see if that will work.
Make sure the "untrusted sources" are enabled in the Fire TV's dev/app settings.
(2016-03-03, 11:01)Ned Scott Wrote: Make sure the "untrusted sources" are enabled in the Fire TV's dev/app settings.

Yeah ive done all that mate, the android link and the fire starter link are dead. I will try loading it using the computer tonight.
deeny01, you stated in a different thread that your time zone was off and after you fixed that, your download issue went away. Anyone know why the wrong time zone would play a role in downloading?
(2016-03-03, 19:39)JxPx Wrote: deeny01, you stated in a different thread that your time zone was off and after you fixed that, your download issue went away. Anyone know why the wrong time zone would play a role in downloading?

Yeah mate, thats all i did was correct my time zones settings and it downloaded no problem. I had been trying for a few days to suss out what was the problem,thats the reason i signed up on here. I hope it works for the others who are having the same issue.
(2016-02-14, 20:33)Steelsquid Wrote: Firestick os version 5.0.5 (537174420) it auto updated mine this morning...

Kodi Wont work through firestarter! When I go to manage third party apps and click on it a quick message appears that says... Filter installed apps...then the apps appear but then when I click on kodi and try to launch the application, it tries to launch then kicks back to the same screen again to launch application. Never actually launchs

my kodi does appear in the apps section of the amazon home screen now after the update. but it wont launch from there either

I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever solve itHuh
Hmmm, its strange, however check the setting setup there might be some issues after update or it is better to reinstall kodi on it and if you not know that how to reinstall kodi on fire tv or amazon fire stick then soon i will share with you a setup guide that will help you understand regarding reinstalling procedure.

Although DarrenHill already mentioned the setup procedure but it is little bit complex and as i have already promise to share guide regarding reinstall kodi on fire tv so here is the simplest guide that i found: https://www.vpnranks.com/how-to-install-...firestick/
HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have a new Firestick. Version 5.2.4.0 _user_565189620. I loaded Kodi and worked fine for a day. Moved stick to different TV and now Kodi won't launch.
Tried all the fixes, clearing cache, clearing data, uninstall and reinstall Kodi and even hard reset of Firestick reinstall Kodi and still the same, won't launch and jumps back to home screen. I've even used various methods to reinstall Kodi, using ES FE, Apps to fire and Downloader, hoping it could be this. But no joy¡
Even after clearing cache etc every time I try and reload Kodi it fails and when I go back to app management the cache is at 85mb again in Kodi.

Does this sound like the Firestick is failing, really can't figure what else I could try to get it to work?

About to return it to shop and maybe go for a different streamer altogether

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FIRESTICK UPDATE STOPS KODI???1