Addons not Updating
Hi folks. Back again with another issue.

For whatever reason Kodi is not updating any of the addons on my laptop. I've tried doing it manually and that's not working either. I've gone through some Youtube vid-clips around this problem but none of them worked for me. I also tried searching this issue within the forums, but either no one is having the same problems or I'm simply not punching in the right keywords. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Kodi 15.2
Win 10
What add-ons?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-02-14, 20:24)Dangelus Wrote: What add-ons?

All I have. Like I said: "Any of them."
(2016-02-14, 21:03)Wanderlust Wrote:

OK then, looking forward to reading your debug log as my ESP is currently on the fritz....
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-02-14, 21:10)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 21:03)Wanderlust Wrote:

OK then, looking forward to reading your debug log as my ESP is currently on the fritz....

Oop. Tried to sort that, but the kodi log uploader won't install. Apparently I'm on a roll.

And although I have the log thingy running I've no way to upload it.
Look at the advanced part of the debug log link for how to do the upload manually (don't pirate the log directly here please).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-02-14, 23:08)DarrenHill Wrote: Look at the advanced part of the debug log link for how to do the upload manually (don't pirate the log directly here please).
Ahhhhhhhhhhr!
Oops. I think my Android predictive keyboard needs to walk the plank.

Paste, not pirate (although that said it may just be becoming clairvoyant).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Maybe the Kodi Addons databases are corrupt?

I have had similar problems in the past and I have fixed them by deleting the files
named:

Addons#.db (where # is a number)

from the userdata folder and restarting Kodi (Kodi rebuilds the databases again).
  • If you have Kodi running, exit Kodi.
  • In a Windows Explorer address bar or in the Run dialogue box (bring it up by pressing <WinKey> + <R> type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata and press ENTER or click the OK button.
  • Delete all the files that have the file name Addons#.db (where # is a number.)
  • Run Kodi
  • Try to browse for Addons which will force Kodi to rebuild the Addons database file(s).

See if that helps.

Note: More information on the Kodi user database files can be found in the Kodi Wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
(2016-02-15, 02:32)J876 Wrote: Maybe the Kodi Addons databases are corrupt?

I have had similar problems in the past and I have fixed them by deleting the files
named:

Addons#.db (where # is a number)

from the userdata folder and restarting Kodi (Kodi rebuilds the databases again).
  • If you have Kodi running, exit Kodi.
  • In a Windows Explorer address bar or in the Run dialogue box (bring it up by pressing <WinKey> + <R> type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata and press ENTER or click the OK button.
  • Delete all the files that have the file name Addons#.db (where # is a number.)
  • Run Kodi
  • Try to browse for Addons which will force Kodi to rebuild the Addons database file(s).

See if that helps.

Note: More information on the Kodi user database files can be found in the Kodi Wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Thanks, J876. In fact this was one of the things recommended in a vid-clip I watched but Kodi would not let me delete the file. Your method worked just dandy. Much appreciation.

Apparently your ESP is working better than the others who commented on this thread. :<>
You're welcome. Glad to help.
(2016-02-15, 03:47)J876 Wrote: You're welcome. Glad to help.

I've passed your info on to a couple of mates who were having the same problem. Best to you, pard.
(2016-02-14, 23:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Oops. I think my Android predictive keyboard needs to walk the plank.

Paste, not pirate (although that said it may just be becoming clairvoyant).

Hahahaha that made me laugh very loudly; just let me get my illegal crystal ball Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addons not Updating0