Kodi update previously removed TV Shows sources
Hi, I'm new to Kodi but not to HTPC softwre, I've been user of MediaPortal for a long time and decided to change to Kodi.

I'm very happy with Kodi but I have an issue I don't know how to resolve.

When I remove a video source (TV Show) and delete the show from library, when I update it Kodi still inserts the deleted TV show to library.

The only way I get Kodi not to update the deleted source is changing, or deleting from disk, the directory name for the TV show, but that's not what I want to do, I'd like to know if it's possible to delete the source and not update that TVShow.

Cleaning the library doesn't work because I don't erase the files or directory, The only way to work properly is renaming the directory, but I see that's not a solution.

Can anyone illuminate me? ;D

Jorge
Kodi only sees what you tell it to. It can remove Items without removing from your file structure on disk: http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removi...ing_videos
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Remove it as a source or is that not a simple idea?
(2016-02-16, 03:29)Derek Wrote: Remove it as a source or is that not a simple idea?

It should, but it isn't; if I delete the video source for, p.e., Homeland, and I delete the TV show from library, the next time I update library Homeland comes back to the library, even being deleted from video sources.
(2016-02-15, 01:31)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: Kodi only sees what you tell it to. It can remove Items without removing from your file structure on disk: http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removi...ing_videos

I'm going to try the way to put none on content, but that way forces the source to keep configured and what I'd like to do is delete it from Videos-Sources.
How are you removing/adding sources?
Are TV shows added individually or is there a root/parent folder with sub-folder/s containing each show as the source?

PHP Code:
parent/root

a
:/tvshow/123abc

/456abc

/etc

as opposed to individual

a
:/abc123
a
:/456abc
a
:/etc 
I add the TV Shows individually, one video source per TV Show. One example:

<source>
<name>Elementary</name>
<path pathversion="1">X:\Elementary\</path>
<allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>

Regards.
Removing?
I remove the video source directly from Kodi, then Kodi asks if I want to delete the TV Show from library and I say YES. Next time I update library, to get the new episodes copied to other sources, Kodi adds the previous deleted TV show again.

I have found a way to avoid that, following these steps:

1.- Mark content for source to none.
2.- Delete TV Shows from library when Kodi asks to.
3.- Delete the video source.

That way makes Kodi not to add again that TV Shows, but I think that if I delete the video source Kodi shouldn't add the TV Show again by itself.
Does the sources.xml still contain the source path?
Is there any write protection enable on file/userdata folder?
Test with a portable install as database or profile may be corrupt

Or you can leave as per your solution
(2016-02-16, 13:42)k4sh1n Wrote: Does the sources.xml still contain the source path?
Is there any write protection enable on file/userdata folder?
Test with a portable install as database or profile may be corrupt

Or you can leave as per your solution

No, when I delete the video source it doesn't appear in sources.xml
There's no write protection on file/userdata folder

I will try with a clean install on VM to make the tests, but I have seen this issue on other threads, but I think no one gives a solution for this.

Thank you.
You need to change content to noting if you cant remove the source then theres no way it can be scanned to the library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi update previously removed TV Shows sources0