Req Kodi pirate box/builds reporting section
As per Nathan's article on the Kodi website, I think it would be a good idea to add a section and/or form
to report these companies/people so the XBMC Foundation can take enforcement action.

As a Kodi user, I am concerned that key Kodi team members are threatening to quit the project because of these parasites.

As users we need to help as well.
Totally disagree.

McCarthy-ism behavior & blacklisting attitudes posted on a public forum can only lead to non substantiated accusations causing harm while questioning Kodi community's role.

Then again, it's just my opinion and is no more valid than J876's.
At one point the long-term goal was to try something similar to what Mozilla does as far as a reporting form: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/

So it won't really be about public flogging. At least not in a way that anyone could just submit something. Anything like a "shame list" would have to be vetted and only used if good faith attempts broke down, and even then it probably wouldn't be used for trademark violations. The "shame list" idea works well for things like GPL violations, though.
(2016-02-16, 03:29)Ned Scott Wrote: So it won't really be about public flogging. At least not in a way that anyone could just submit something.

I suspect those are sensible statements.The Mozilla approach seems quite appropriate indeed.
I did not mean a shame list. I meant what Ned Scott said.

A section of the site where users can submit breaches of trademark so that they can be investigated.

The Mozilla approach looks good.
J876,

I gather you have edited your original post after we responded and removed key suggestions from it, leaving only what was ultimately discussed to match the subsequent consensus.
Please, be confident that your opinion matters as much as anyone's and there should be no reason for you to do so.

Sincerely
(2016-02-16, 06:03)OTinley Wrote: J876,

I gather you have edited your original post after we responded and removed key suggestions from it, leaving only what was ultimately discussed to match the subsequent consensus.
Please, be confident that your opinion matters as much as anyone's and there should be no reason for you to do so.

Sincerely

I edited it because the word "thread' means that everyone can read the contents without giving the
alleged/accused a chance to defend themselves. That was the only reason I edited it.
If we make this a public thread with everybody submitting links surely it will just become a one stop resource for casual browsers of the forum to find these guys? Not very productive if we end up sending them business!
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi pirate box/builds reporting section0