Alpha Skype Integration (Windows Only)
Hello Smile

i'm happy to anounce the first alpha release for my skype addon (for windows platform only).

This first release is an alpha one, meaning that it's not 100% stable and may (does) include some bugs Smile

Features

- Displays the contact list in kodi
- Allow to call a contact or accept a call

Installation

1. Install SkypeXmlController (windows based software controlling skype)

- Download the zip file here : SkypeXmlController.zip
- Extract anywhere (let's say in c:\)

2. Test SkypeXmlController

- Make sure that skype is running
- Run SkypeXmlController.exe
- When you launch SkypeXmlController, the skype window should disappear
- A new head skulll icon should appear in the windows notification bar
- go in the c:\var\skype2kodi, there should be a friends.xml file containing all your skype contacts

3. Install SkypeForKodi plugin

- Download the latest release zip from here : https://github.com/olixelle/SkypeKodi/releases
- Install the zip using the kodi install addon from zip file feature
- Configure the plugin : go in kodi > system > addons > skype > configure, and select the "var" directory from SkypeXmlController (c:\var\)
- Launch the plugin in kodi : you should have your friends list Smile

Once again, this is a first alpha version, so do not hesitate to ask if you get some issues

Waiting forward to hear you Smile
Hi this seems very interesting!

haven't had the chance to try it yet but i am glad that there is progress in this area.
Hello olixelle

I must to say, this is a great thing for the community.

I'm all done by your instructions, but I have a error when I run SkypeXmlController.vshost.exe
With SkypeXmlController.exe, everything is OK. So my var folder is empty, do you have any advice?
Hey there, I tried to install, got everything right until not seeing any XML file in skypetokodi folder. Any idea why?
Hi everyone, has anyone had any luck with this addon?

Will be visiting my parents this weekend and would like to install it in their setup.
I have the same issue: no XML files are created but I believe this is an issue with SkypeXmlController, which is a separate tool, written by someone else. I just noticed it's the same author. Smile
create a file friends.xml file and place
SkypeXmlController\var\skype2kodi\
and automatically containing all your skype contacts.
After starting SkypeXmlController.exe

Translation Set as using google translator.
(2016-03-05, 15:26)sergo Wrote: create a file friends.xml file and place
SkypeXmlController\var\skype2kodi\
and automatically containing all your skype contacts.
After starting SkypeXmlController.exe

I can confirm this works perfect.

Thanks.

Now I have in kodi next error:

In var I have everything.
Any help is welcome.

19:24:01 T:2804 NOTICE: Skype : action __main__
19:24:01 T:2804 NOTICE: Skype : read profile from C:\SkypeXmlController\var\skype2kodi\profile.xml
19:24:01 T:2804 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Box\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\SkypeKodi-master\addon.py", line 240, in <module>
loadProfile()
File "C:\Users\Box\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\SkypeKodi-master\addon.py", line 127, in loadProfile
profileName = xmldoc.getElementsByTagName('name')[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
We are waiting for a decision from the aftora.

14:33:20 T:5680 NOTICE: Skype : read profile from C:\SkypeXmlController\var\skype2kodi\profile.xml
14:33:20 T:5680 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\SkypeKodi-1.0.0\addon.py", line 240, in <module>
loadProfile()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\SkypeKodi-1.0.0\addon.py", line 127, in loadProfile
(2016-03-06, 13:35)sergo Wrote: We are waiting for a decision from the aftora.

14:33:20 T:5680 NOTICE: Skype : read profile from C:\SkypeXmlController\var\skype2kodi\profile.xml
14:33:20 T:5680 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\SkypeKodi-1.0.0\addon.py", line 240, in <module>
loadProfile()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\SkypeKodi-1.0.0\addon.py", line 127, in loadProfile

Hi unfrortunately i did not have the chance to try this addon yet but i am really excited about it.
From the post above i cannot understand if the addon worked or not for you guys. Is the basic functionality (receive/make video calls) working ok?

Thanks in advance.
Creating an empty ´friends.xml´ will fix the issue indeed!
But I also ran into the same error as mentioned above (list index out of range), but I found the solution: the error says it´s unable to find data in the name field in the profile. When I added my full name in my Skype profile, the addon seems to work. Although I haven´t tried calling someone yet (it´s 23:37 over here, so I don´t think my friends would like it Smile ).
(2016-03-08, 00:38)Amelsfort Wrote: Creating an empty ´friends.xml´ will fix the issue indeed!
But I also ran into the same error as mentioned above (list index out of range), but I found the solution: the error says it´s unable to find data in the name field in the profile. When I added my full name in my Skype profile, the addon seems to work. Although I haven´t tried calling someone yet (it´s 23:37 over here, so I don´t think my friends would like it Smile ).

Hi Amelsfort

I can confirm this what you say, everyone who has trouble in kodi, just need to log on skype and add your name.
I will call my friends later, now is 7:00
Hi All! Any news on this? Has there been a succesful video call? Either incoming or outgoing?
skype для xbmc [Windows] Skype for Kodi

http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=12712

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-4DLcHjfKE
I set this up, but don't see my contact. Does this work? Is there a certain version of skype needed? If contact does not have avatar, would that prevent it from showing on screen? Friends.xml does not list contact anyways.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skype Integration (Windows Only)1