!!! Please Help - Screen stretches vertically !!!
Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Mxq pro android box and when I upload a film it plays okay for a minute or so then the screen stretches vertically out of proportion.

When exit out of kodi to the main applications/icon page this is also stretched as a result.

To change it I have to go into screen setup and change it to another option.p before changing it back to 1080 60hz.

Despite using a Panasonic Viera TV which is about 3 years old it does say on the back of the tv that it is 1080 60/50hz.

I have tried it on other settings such as 720 but it still stretches. I have done a factory reset but still the same problem, and I have faffed about with various video display settings in the 'system' menu on kodi.

I have spent a total of 6 hours faffing about with it and watched about 3 minutes worth of repetitive film, I am about ready to stamp on the damn thing!

I would be most grateful if anyone could help.

Many thanks in advance for youthful time and cooperation.
Anyone?
bad firmware. try to find an update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I therefore assume I will have to return it to the seller and ask for a replacement or refund as I cannot find how I can update the firmware?
I haven't heard of that happening before, so I would assume it is defective somehow. IMO, I would return it and get something else. Check the hardware sub-forum for some good suggestions.
I've read before that some HDMI cables can cause display problems. Can you try a different cable and see what happens?
tried some different HDMI cables but no improvement. in fact whilst replying this message via my android box the screen has sretched vertically. The ebay seller in china is not replying so it looks like this will be heading for the bin! i will stick with free view :o(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
!!! Please Help - Screen stretches vertically !!!0