screen calibration
Kodi Screen Calibration method is little outdated, and not user friendly.

Although its explained as clear as possible, a new kodi user will get confused when he cant see the arrow anywhere on the screen until he start moving the screen towards the center and down.

Fire tv and other released devices has nice simple screen calibration method. where all u do is up and down to fit the screen, simple and elegant.

I am learning python and this is way to complicated for me to accomplish, but would love to see this being looked into if someone had some time. i can contribute by providing a nice image/explanation screen if necessary.

Just a suggestion. i know devs have all hands full.
We are patient enough to wait for your python skills develop, In the mean time if you wish to a contribute by providing a nice image/explanation screen that might supplant the wiki Settings/System (wiki) information, by all means. Not that it would be used, but if you feel it falls short, your submission might clear the air.
I dont expect kodi user to go grab wiki for explanation for each screen they bump into. that will be overwhelming. and if we can make it simpler then why not ?
I was suggesting to the image on KODI platform itself. not explanation on wiki.
Further i notice when i first time did the calibration i did not know how to save it or exit it. (oh wait, you just press on back button, but who would know?). we by default press on select, so the correct option would be the "select" button and once we reached all the options, it should exit. not running the options in circle.

I know its small small issues, but just wanted to address them, isnt that what open source is about. to make things better in collaboration. whether verbally of physically.
you normally don't even want to use that calibration because it destroys 1:1 pixel mapping (which most tvs should support nowadays)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz so whats the best method to get kodi to be aligned with the screen size ?
Setting the tv to overscan off (or on) or set something like "pan & scan" or "just scan" or what not instead of 16:9. Its purly a setting from the TV that might be wrong if there is over or underscan ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I dont believe so, i will take some pictures of my tv and post them here once i get home
it works for millions of other users - if it doesn't for you then its a picky tv i would say...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen calibration0