Bug TMDB TV Show Scraper - Not retrieving certification/MPAA data?
Hi,

I'm using the TMDB scraper through Kodi as well as through a Mac application and have noticed that certification data (MPAA rating) is returned as blank. This occurs for all TV Shows. Checking through the TMDB website, the certification data is there and I have also started a thread on the TMDB API sub-forums. They've confirmed that there is no issue on their side and that I should follow this up with Kodi as they've recently updated their TMDB scraper on the 14th Feb. Can confirm I'm up-to-date with the latest TMDB scraper addon. Movie certification seems to scrape fine, it's just TV shows that's the problem.

Is anyone else having the same problem with TV show and episode certification not being retrieved?

Thanks Wink

Edit: It also appears that year and runtime are also not retrieved at episode level. Have confirmed that these information are available on the TMDB site.
Hi,
I'm facing the same (or similiar) issue.
Couple days ago (I don't know exactly when) universal movie scraper stopped downloading any graphics for new movies.
Today I've played a little with debug and found out, that there's some problem with themoviedb.org api.
I found error in debug log that said "Failed: HTTP returned error 401" when the scraper tries to contact themoviedb.org.
I've pasted that url into browser and found out that:
"{"status_code":10,"status_message":"Suspended API key: Access to your account has been suspended, contact TMDb."}

Sooo, this looks like tmdb disabled universal's movie scraper account or something else has changed.

Does somebody have idea what's going on? Smile

Greetings.

---edit---
I've just found solution - I had to manualy force refresh add-on repository and then install updates. (was using 2.7.2 version of universal movie scraper - did not work; updated to 2.8.0 version - works like a charm).

Cheers.
I'm not using Universal Movie Scraper. My issue is regards to the TMDB scraper for TV Shows, not movies. I've triple checked my version no for the TMDB TV Show scraper and it's on version 1.3.0.

Can anyone confirm to me that this is the latest version?

Forcing update still gives me version 1.3.0 so I'm pretty sure that's the latest version available in the official Kodi repo.

Thank you.
Interesting topic. Actually fetching certification data is indeed not implemented in tmdb TV scraper, however, while it is implemented in the TVDB scraper, it is not showing up on the interface either. Having it fetched by the scraper would be an easy go, but someone (potentially a skinners) else should tell why it is not showing up. If you figure this out, I will get the scraper part done.
Actually I have get this implemented in v1.3.1. Now it is the next turn to get it showing up on the GUI. That's not my department Smile
(2016-02-21, 16:31)olympia Wrote: Interesting topic. Actually fetching certification data is indeed not implemented in tmdb TV scraper, however, while it is implemented in the TVDB scraper, it is not showing up on the interface either. Having it fetched by the scraper would be an easy go, but someone (potentially a skinners) else should tell why it is not showing up. If you figure this out, I will get the scraper part done.

Thanks for your reply Olympia. I'm not fully sure what you meant by your post. I am guessing you're saying that as it currently stands, certification and runtime information has never been scraped by the TMDB TV show scraper addon and that you've added this functionality in version 1.3.1? If so, wouldn't the data show up on the user interface by the default infolabels used by Kodi's skinning engine (i.e. ListItem.Mpaa and ListItem.Duration)?

Also, do you have a Github repository where I can download a copy of version 1.3.1 right now?

Would appreciate a reply. Thanks
(2016-02-21, 23:29)Hustler1337 Wrote: Thanks for your reply Olympia. I'm not fully sure what you meant by your post. I am guessing you're saying that as it currently stands, certification and runtime information has never been scraped by the TMDB TV show scraper addon and that you've added this functionality in version 1.3.1?
Yes, your understanding is correct.

(2016-02-21, 23:29)Hustler1337 Wrote: If so, wouldn't the data show up on the user interface by the default infolabels used by Kodi's skinning engine (i.e. ListItem.Mpaa and ListItem.Duration)?
I have no idea. What I know for sure is that data is not showing up even after getting scraped in v1.3.1.
...and this is the case with the tvdb scraper as well as mentioned, where certification scraping worked already.

(2016-02-21, 23:29)Hustler1337 Wrote: Also, do you have a Github repository where I can download a copy of version 1.3.1 right now?
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tree/gotham
(2016-02-22, 00:15)olympia Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tree/gotham

Thanks Olympia. Just installed the Git version and MPAA certification seems to be working now Big Grin If you completely re-scrape your entire TV show library instead of 'refreshing' a single TV show, it should appear on the user interface, that'll explain why it wasn't showing. Must be a minor bug within Kodi itself.

Could you kindly also add the ability for the scraper to scrape Episode Runtime (duration) data at episode level? That's also something that is missing from the TMDB TV show scraper.

Thank you for your support. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB TV Show Scraper - Not retrieving certification/MPAA data?0