• 16(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
U tried ur best... Go On..
Help needed!

I just pushed the latest development update to my repo.

This update includes the new home screen categories, some widget refactoring and widget navigation changes.

All custom categories now use a regular text label instead of custom category images.
This means that all custom category names are reverted to "Custom 1", "Custom 2" etc.
Go to Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add more categories / 2 / 3 / 4
Click the "Name" button to set the category name.

This new name is used throughout the skin and also in the skin settings.

Heavy testing is needed and any feedback is extremely appreciated!
Also any thoughts on appearance, ideas etc.

Read here how to install my development repository.
hi gade
the krypton version is working well. Smile maybe you could add a function to rename the main categorys, too. (Fernsehen is now TV again)
(2017-04-17, 21:33)skybird1980 Wrote: hi gade
the krypton version is working well. Smile maybe you could add a function to rename the main categorys, too. (Fernsehen is now TV again)

Hi skybird.

Thanks for the feedback and for testing.

The main categories get the names from the main German language file from Transifex.
So you should take this up with the German translators.
i didn't update the Translation until now. in the last Version it was allways "Fernsehen" Smile
You asked here for an accurate Translation:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2395207

After you changed it to Fernsehen Smile
(2017-04-17, 21:55)skybird1980 Wrote: i didn't update the Translation until now. in the last Version it was allways "Fernsehen" Smile
You asked here for an accurate Translation:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2395207

After you changed it to Fernsehen Smile

I think you misunderstand me.

The translations for the main and custom category images in previous versions of the skin were done by me - because they were images.
And that's why I asked in the translations thread.

The translations for the new categories are taken from Kodi's language file and not Rapier's.
The "TV" string #19020 is the same used everywhere in the skin (75 places for Krypton / 76 for Leia) and that's why the same language string is used by the TV category.
Hmm, ok^^ thanks for answering.
One improvement, i added the Movie & TV Shows info to Video Category.
Just because i don't use the Movie/TV Show Category and browse by my folder structure.

Maybe you want to add this?
File: Includes_Home.xml
Code:
<include name="HomeVideosCategory">
        <item id="2">
            <description>Videos Category</description>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[3]</label>
            <label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.Count),, $LOCALIZE[20342]]  &#x2022;  $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TVShows.Count),, $LOCALIZE[20343]] </label2>
            <thumb>$VAR[CustomVideosBGVar]</thumb>
            <onclick>$VAR[VideosCategoryAction]</onclick>
        </item>
    </include>

Here is how it looks:
https://abload.de/img/screenshot007gluyg.png

Just as summary. i don't need to see how much episodes / movies i didn't see Smile
(2017-04-18, 07:37)skybird1980 Wrote: Hmm, ok^^ thanks for answering.
One improvement, i added the Movie & TV Shows info to Video Category.
Just because i don't use the Movie/TV Show Category and browse by my folder structure.

Maybe you want to add this?
File: Includes_Home.xml
Code:
<include name="HomeVideosCategory">
        <item id="2">
            <description>Videos Category</description>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[3]</label>
            <label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.Count),, $LOCALIZE[20342]]  &#x2022;  $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TVShows.Count),, $LOCALIZE[20343]] </label2>
            <thumb>$VAR[CustomVideosBGVar]</thumb>
            <onclick>$VAR[VideosCategoryAction]</onclick>
        </item>
    </include>

Here is how it looks:
https://abload.de/img/screenshot007gluyg.png

Just as summary. i don't need to see how much episodes / movies i didn't see Smile

That makes sense.

I actually thought of the same, but now I can't even remember why I decided not to include it.
So I just added it to the Videos category. Wink
Big Grin Merci.
Hi Gade,

thank you for your skin "Rapier". I use it on my RPi to manage and play-back my huge collection of MP3s.
Skybird1980 helps me and other German user if I/we have questions concerning the skin. :-))

The RPi3 have from time to time problems with the skin.
- switchover needs sometimes more than 5-10 seconds
- keyboard entries need 3-5 seconds (or sometimes more) to execute a command in the skin
- worst case: the skin doesn't work and I have to re-start it

Is it possible to program the skin for the RPi?

Regards,
Christian
(2017-04-18, 13:10)aeppler Wrote: Hi Gade,

thank you for your skin "Rapier". I use it on my RPi to manage and play-back my huge collection of MP3s.
Skybird1980 helps me and other German user if I/we have questions concerning the skin. :-))

Hi Christian.

Glad you like the skin. Yeah, skybird is very helpful, which is really nice.

Feel free to ask here on the forums if you have any thoughts, questions or requests.

(2017-04-18, 13:10)aeppler Wrote: The RPi3 have from time to time problems with the skin.
- switchover needs sometimes more than 5-10 seconds

Is it possible to program the skin for the RPi?

Rapier can be a bit rough for lower powered devices. I use it as well on a Rpi2, Android phone and also on 2 iPads.
Entering the libraries for the first time after Kodi Launch can sometimes take a while.

From the next update, I made a lot of features for lower powered devices and they will significantly speed up performances.

Install my development repository to get this update with the new features right away.

After the new update:
- Go to Skin Settings > Views and disable all view types you don't use. This will speed up the performance a lot when entering the libraries and windows.
- Go to Skin Settings > General > Enable low CPU power mode. Here you can either disable selected animations or disable selected animations AND power demanding skin features.

In the new version the home screen is also much faster and more responsive.

(2017-04-18, 13:10)aeppler Wrote: - keyboard entries need 3-5 seconds (or sometimes more) to execute a command in the skin
- worst case: the skin doesn't work and I have to re-start it

This is not skin related.

The keyboard is working perfectly for me on all platforms and systems.
It could be related to hardware or some other issues with the system.
Just upgraded from Jarvis to Krypton 17.1. Rapier failed, however, upon re-attempting to update several times the download finally went through and upgraded successfully. This is an awesome skin and I very much appreciate all the work and effort that Gade has done. Thank you.
(2017-04-23, 01:23)bonggo Wrote: Just upgraded from Jarvis to Krypton 17.1. Rapier failed, however, upon re-attempting to update several times the download finally went through and upgraded successfully. This is an awesome skin and I very much appreciate all the work and effort that Gade has done. Thank you.

Hi bonggo.

Thanks so much for the support and I'm really glad you like the skin.

Check the first post in this thread to see what changed between Rapier for Jarvis and Krypton. Quite a lot has changed and many new features are added.

You can install my development repository to automatically get the latest development updates.
The next update is huge and includes a new home screen category layout.
UPDATE: Rapier 10.5.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The home screen categories are changed and updated. Screenshots below.
This allows for a more modern look, faster load times, smoother animations and reduced skin size.
The categories now use a regular text label instead of images, which makes it far more flexible.
All home screen widgets top right has been changed slightly and an extra visible item has been added (now 5 items).

All custom categories have been RESET to "Custom 1", "Custom 2" etc.
Go to Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add more categories / 2 / 3 / 4 >
Click the "Name" button to set the category name (this new name is used throughout the skin and also in the skin settings).
If home screen navigation buttons are disabled, 11 characters maximum are recommended.
If home screen navigation buttons are enabled, 10 characters maximum are recommended.

A new section has been added to the skin settings: "Views". Screenshot below.
This section is especially useful when using a low powered device.
Here you can disable all view types you don't use in all windows and sections of Kodi.
TIP: Disabling every single view type you don't use will significantly speed up load times when entering windows and libraries.

Other hightlights are:
  • A new function has been added to Skin Settings > Home > "Change Category Actions". Screenshots below.
    Here you can change the functions of all main home screen categories - with full support for library nodes.
    NOTE: This new feature will reset the now deprecated skin settings to redirect the Music, Videos, TV or Radio categories!
  • An information window for single movies part of a movie set has been added. Screenshot below.
    When focusing a single movie part of a movie set, use the context menu to open the window.
  • A "Debug information" button has been added to fullscreen video OSD. Screenshot below.
    Click this button to display debug information during fullscreen video playback.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
10.5.0 (21-April-17)
- Redesign of home screen categories.
- Slightly redesign of home screen widgets.
- Updated navigation for all widgets.
- Custom categories now use a regular text label instead of images.
- Custom category names are now used in the skin settings instead of "Custom 1", "Custom 2" etc.
- Removed all custom category images from skin.rapier/extras/ folder.
- Removed all category images from skin.rapier/media/homecategories/ folder.
- Updated screenshots.
- Added Skin Settings > Home > Change Category Actions: change all main category actions.
- Added "Debug information" button to fullscreen video OSD.
- Added information window for single movies part of a movie set.
- Removed Wide List views.
- Added new section to skin settings: Views. Use this to disable views (will increase performance).
- Fix missing Icon View for picture and program add-ons.

Redesign of home screen categories
Slightly redesign of home screen widgets
Movies category

Slightly redesign of home screen widgets
TV Shows category

Videos category

Skin Settings > Home > Category Menu > Add more categories / 2 / 3 / 4 > Name

Added information window for single movies part of a movie set

Added new section to skin settings: Views

Added Skin Settings > Home > Change Category Actions

Change Music category action

Dialog for the music category

Added "Debug information" button to fullscreen video OSD

ENJOY!
Hi Gade,

thank you very much for your hard work on this skin
I used it for a while on pc and yet also on RPI3

little report
If I disable 3D view or fanart in new settings - in top view list they are not listed but if I use Container.NextViewMode on my remote they are still there. par ex wrap view info works like it should (disabled - not shown)
please have a look at picture

for RPI3 it is hard for the first load of addons .. but the last posts here reported it. The loadtime...
If an addon is loaded and my PI is on for some time (use it normally 24/7) it works good (on PC very good :-) )

I switched from single sdcard to sd boot + 90Mb/s sdcard with Jessie+Kodi Image (before Libreelec) with a good USB card reader in the past and I think I gained some speed. (for all who have more than 10 seconds on first load this could help)

But addons needs too longer than with confluence (of cause it is lightweight par ex to Rapier)
I have seen script.skin.tightener addon in main skin thread and wanted to ask if this is a part of your lower CPU setting or would it work on Rapier?

little bit sad that the wide list view is kicked - used it often on pc
with new section to skin settings: Views - doesn't it matter if it is there too or is this a overall speed decision ? users could enable/disable it - I have seen today that you asked some pages back if someone use it - Do not misunderstand I just ask - I am always for better performance in this skin that I can`t miss Wink
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2