Universal scraper for Music Albums: automatic modify album TAG before scraping
Hi all,
I'm having the following problem and was wondering if someone can help me or suggest me a way to address it.

My MP3 music collection is completely tagged (typically using MP3Tag) in a uniform fashion, with artist, title, album name, genre and release date information.
To simplify the collection browsing on iPod Classic and on my car entertainment system, I automatically add the album release date in front of the Album Title tag (e.g. Black Stone Cherry album Magic Mountain album would have as MP3 Album Tag "2014 - Magic Mountain", which incidentally is also the name of the folder in which the album is stored).

With this kind of tag the universal scraper for music album is incapable of scraping the information.

I could modify all my album tags to remove the release date information but that would make using the collection in the car or in the iPod not convenient.

As such my question is: is there any simple way to apply/configure a regular expression in Kodi so that it removes the date information from the album name before starting the scraping process?

I've read some of the documentation on how to build up a scraper and tried modifying the XML file of universal scraper (of course a copy of it) to do that but my attempts so far have been a failure. I'm pretty sure there is some simple reason for that but I seem not to be able to find it.

Can someone show me the easiest way to do that or tell me if there is the possibility of tracing/showing in detail what the scraper is doing Step-by-Step?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal scraper for Music Albums: automatic modify album TAG before scraping0