Xtreamer Whizz
We have decided to make it clean. With nothing inside. no addons no repos. Clean means clean means clean.
You have missed my point entirely. Your product is posted here on a Kodi forum.
You have Firmware updates adding Kodi Banned Addons to your other products, whether users want them or not, they come with the Firmware.

This does not align with the standards expected of a Kodi or OpenELEC device seller at all.
It does not matter if this new device is now sold "Clean" because you have actually broken to trust of Kodi users and developers with your other product(s) you are selling.

Fix your Firmware and what you package on your other products as a first step towards restoring trust with the Kodi community.

(2016-02-20, 10:10)nickr Wrote: Xtreamer, please change your username to comply with rule 1. http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules#Registration

Yes - Xtreamer please change your username to comply with Kodi Forum rule 1 :

Quote:The username you want to register shall not contain "XBMC" / "Kodi" or any other trademarked, product or company names, unless you are actually employee of that company. In these cases you must still add your own name to these trademarked, product or company names to differentiate yourself as individual representative.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules#Registration
This companynis scaming people... they put pictures like supporting stuffs that in practise they dont support...
Xtreamer? Trickster company.
Examples already given.

'Clean is clean is....not quite so clean'
just a quick question when it mentions can boot into openelec does that mean that is via the SD slot and isnt permanent or does it mean it has to be flashed onto the rom ondoard and you lose access to the android OS, cause that is the main reason i was looking at the odroid C2 so that i can just swap out a SD card and switch between the 2 when i want android.
(2016-02-25, 00:29)Loki69 Wrote: just a quick question when it mentions can boot into openelec does that mean that is via the SD slot and isnt permanent or does it mean it has to be flashed onto the rom ondoard and you lose access to the android OS, cause that is the main reason i was looking at the odroid C2 so that i can just swap out a SD card and switch between the 2 when i want android.

Not sure on the Wizz, but for the Wonder line you can have either / or (ie. It's flashed into the firmware) so if you go with OpenELEC you can't use Android without re-flashing.

They did announce that they were planning dual-boot, so that may happen for the Wizz too. ( http://forum.xtreamer.net/page/index.htm...onder-r554 )

Forums these days are much better than they used to be with a fairly active group of Beta Testers trying to help users with their problems. Users not don't seem to get banned for raising legitimate issues and even the occasional rant is allowed now!

(2016-02-18, 19:58)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 19:31)Latinbull Wrote: I would stay away from xtreamer products...
+1 ... they have a very tainted history. Big on promotions; falling short on delivering on promises. Rude forum; users banned for raising legitimate issues. Unless they've radically changed of late, Xtreamer is trouble.

Not entirely true.. they are actually trying quite hard. Yes, they tend to fail in promises and have a horrible problem with abandoning products before all the bugs are resolved and all the features work (like their Prodigy 4K which based on complete lack of recent activity may already have been abandoned with many if it's features not working).

Overall though, the Wonder Pro (the top of their Wonder line) is a great AndroidTV box for KODI, I've been using it for some time as my KODI box for non-3d locally streamed content running v16. They update the firmware fairly often and there is only really one major bug outstanding (issues with power on after sleep).

Sadly the Wonder firmware does ship with pre-installed pirate TV plugins, but it looks like they are moving away from that with the Wizz - which might be a good sign. This issues has been brought up by beta testers, so hopefully they are listening.

Full Disclosure: I'm a beta tester on their forum, but not in any other way affiliated with Xtreamer (I just own several of their boxes having purchased their very first non-android box almost 6 years ago.. and maybe due to laziness, just stuck with them rather than trying other companies).
Politics aside, has anyone used one of these yet? If so, what was it like?
if you have to ask i'd suggest looking elsewhere, just like all s905 hardware, its in its infancy in terms of support and working features. Android may never be fixed on most of these China boxes but Openelec should be possible providing you find someone whos working on that. if you want an user friendly plug and play type experience.. go with a google nexus player or nvidia sheild.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
They said they'd send me a review unit, then never heard back. Ah well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I've had one for a week or so.

Can confirm that the KODI install is totally clean Smile

KODI suffers some issue with sound over SPDIF with random clicks and drops happening.

Not tested over HDMI yet as my new AVR only arrived today.

Going to try the various options to see how sound goes:

SPMC
Kodi 16 Experimental Audio Passthrough build
Kodi 17 Alpha

Overall the interface is very snappy and responsive, but due to the sound issue I've not done much with it yet.
So does this really have Android TV OS? Can you get Netflix 4K? Xtreamer product page makes it look like you can get Netflix 4K.
(2016-04-01, 04:18)wesk05 Wrote: So does this really have Android TV OS? Can you get Netflix 4K? Xtreamer product page makes it look like you can get Netflix 4K.

It does have AndroidTV, even uses the default Leanback launcher and not some customized one.

I don't have a 4K TV so can't test that for Netflix though :-(
(2016-04-01, 04:25)Gothicawakening Wrote: I don't have a 4K TV so can't test that for Netflix though :-(
What about 1080/720p? Have you tested that?
(2016-04-01, 03:46)Gothicawakening Wrote: I've had one for a week or so.

Can confirm that the KODI install is totally clean Smile

KODI suffers some issue with sound over SPDIF with random clicks and drops happening.

Not tested over HDMI yet as my new AVR only arrived today.

Going to try the various options to see how sound goes:

SPMC
Kodi 16 Experimental Audio Passthrough build
Kodi 17 Alpha

Overall the interface is very snappy and responsive, but due to the sound issue I've not done much with it yet.

Would be worth trying the Wetek Media Player too (which is Wetek's - properly done - fork of Kodi) That works on the S905-based C2 - though adjust refresh rate causes issues as the kernel has changed how that works on the S905. (It was written more for the S812? in the Core?)

I've got frequent DTS drop-outs on my C2, with less frequent (but still present) DD drop outs. (Could be because DD is lower bitrate or more robust than DTS?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtreamer Whizz2