[Solved] Live TV Buffer Issue...Maybe?
I've been using Kodi since version 14 and think it's a great program. I've only had one issue that I have a question about.

Stats: Win 8.1 64 bit, Kodi 15.2, Avermedia TV card, NextPvr 3.3.6 running, 4Gig Ram disk set up as live tv buffer for nextpvr.

I have not tried running only Nextpvr to see if it happens under that program only.

Watching a station for about 45 minutes, the screen pauses, then skips backward to a point that I have already watched and continues from there.

If I look at the buffer on the ram disk, the file has reached 4 gigs.

If I stop the station and then select that station again , all is well. The ram buffer is now only a few Kbytes in size and growing until it reaches 4 gigs and the process starts over.

This is a repeatable event.

If I jump around to different channels before the 45 minutes is up, the problem does not occur because every time I change a station the file in the buffer is overwritten.

Has anyone had this issue??

Thanks in Advance.
Does it make any difference if you go into NextPVR's Settings->Misc screen, and set the timeshift mode to 'time based'? You might need to restart the recording service to ensure this setting it's picked up.
(2016-02-18, 21:59)sub3 Wrote: Does it make any difference if you go into NextPVR's Settings->Misc screen, and set the timeshift mode to 'time based'? You might need to restart the recording service to ensure this setting it's picked up.

Nope, Tried that.
Quote:If I look at the buffer on the ram disk, the file has reached 4 gigs.
Are you still reaching that 4 gigs? You shouldn't be with time based selected.
(2016-02-19, 04:05)sub3 Wrote:
Quote:If I look at the buffer on the ram disk, the file has reached 4 gigs.
Are you still reaching that 4 gigs? You shouldn't be with time based selected.

Ok, I did what you said and the same thing happens.

The only difference is there are 5 files that total 4 gigs instead of one.

When I hit stop and start again (same station) the 5 files are deleted and the process starts again.

I'm going to try watching the station from NextPvr directly and see if it happens. That will eliminate one program over the other.

Update: Using only NextPvr the problem does not appear. So I think the issue is with the Kodi interface with NextPvr.Huh
The default buffer size should cover about 30 minutes, which usually wouldn't get up to 4 gigs.

You can reduce it. Try setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NPVR\SlipSeconds=600 (DWORD). This will give you a 10 minute buffer.
(2016-02-20, 06:55)sub3 Wrote: The default buffer size should cover about 30 minutes, which usually wouldn't get up to 4 gigs.

You can reduce it. Try setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NPVR\SlipSeconds=600 (DWORD). This will give you a 10 minute buffer.

Ok, It seems to be working. The files created are about 1/2 the size of the previous size.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Live TV Buffer Issue...Maybe?0