No audio while playing an mp4
Hi.

I am running Kodi 15.2 on a Windows 7 machine.

After using Kodi for 2-3 years without any problem, I have just found a series of mp4 files where the audio is not played Huh

Other mp4 with AAC audio tracks are played fine.

Ah, these videos are played perfectly in MPC-HC 1.7.9.

Here is the debug log.

debug.log Kodi 15.2

Thanks!
I could be reading this all wrong but dosent it try to open a passthru device and fail? im no audi expert but i find it strange strugging with acc audio, have you tried messing with the audio config i.e. wasapi if your not using it.
Hi.

Thanks for replying.

I have selected passthrough for AC3 and DTS, and I have Wasapi as audio driver. All the settings can be seen in the debug log.

The rest of videos with AAC audio (stereo or 5.1) are played fine. My Yamaha receiver sees the audio as PCM.

Maybe the AAC track has some unusual or wrong settings and Kodi 15.2 cannot play it. However, MPC-HC does.

Any clue? Anything wrong in the debug log?

Thanks!
According to that log Directsound is being used, try selecting Audio output device as WASAPI option.
Ohhh, you were right.

I, somehow, had Directsound set as audio output device Sad (I wasn't aware of it), but Wasapi as passthrough output device.

It works now. Thank you!
awesome Smile
(2016-02-19, 22:42)dml3334 Wrote: Ohhh, you were right.

I, somehow, had Directsound set as audio output device Sad (I wasn't aware of it), but Wasapi as passthrough output device.

It works now. Thank you!

Yep, AAC is not a passthrough format so it's always decoded to pcm and hence sent via the Audio output device selection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio while playing an mp40