v15 unable to add source
Hi, brand new user to kodi.
I have been attempting to add a source and keep getting an 'unable to connect. Can't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected' error message.

I have checked and the settings which state it is connected.
I have an Nvidia Shield linked via an ethernet cable now as I had the same issue through WIFI to a BT home hub.

Other apps like Youtube,etc are working/ streaming video.
The proxy server setting is not accidentally on as I've read in other posts as being the issue.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
What source are you trying to add?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I have attempted to add multiple sources, all with the same error message. I believe there has to be a setting or option I have overlooked that is blocking the connection.
Nvidia claim there are no settings on the device that would cause this so they believe it is a kodi issue, any thoughts on how to resolve this?
As a brand new user I hope you have read Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) The 'adding source' is part of the Kodi library function so that you can add your own media locally. If your media is located remotely, then the options would be a network location, upnp, or smb and it would expect to see a folder with video files at the end.
Stop being vague, and define what source you trying to add.

Is it from the local machine, another computer on your network, or some dodgy/pirate source that you found from a Youtube video?
Gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of a failed attempt to add a source, then we can maybe assist properly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Its impossible to answer a cryptic question as said above what is the source, simple question unless its illegal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to add source0