v16 Skipping frames since Jarvis
Geforce Experience is sometimes causing issues on NVIDIA card installations. Try install the latest driver without Experience and the problems should be gone.
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
(2016-02-21, 12:20)A-Swiss Wrote: Geforce Experience is sometimes causing issues on NVIDIA card installations. Try install the latest driver without Experience and the problems should be gone.
Thanks. I tried it but unfortunatelly it didn't solve the problem.
Hi Guys,
i've got a similar problem since Jarvis with my Laptop and windows 10. Kodi 15.2 works fine with no missed frames, but with kodi 16 I get continitously missed frames with the same/latest driver. I think that the ION drivers and in my case the GeForce 105m drivers won't be updated any more by Nvidia. For the windows 10 rollout it was done exceptionally. These drivers seem to be buggy and/or not 100% compatible for directx 11 under windows 10.

In the Nvidia driver archive are 3 driver versions listed for ION / GeForce 105m (Notbook drivers)
GeForce 341.92 - Release date 10.11.2015
GeForce 341.81 - Release date 24.08.2015
GeForce 341.74 - Release date 29.07.2015

I haven't yet tested the two older driver versions with Kodi 16, but it may hopefully help.
I would be tempted to try DSPlayer kodi with madvr it could be your salvation altho no authorised by team kodi i hope they come around as its so much better than the internal kodi player esp. for older hardware and newer Smile i get an awesome picture and smooth as a babys bum when it plays Smile
HI All,

I'm having the exact same setup and issues as the topic starter.

Since 16.x (Jarvis) I'm noticing a lot of skipped frames per minute. I too have a Nvidia ION 330 system with the latest drivers running on Windows10 (X64). I tried al version including the latest RC2.
With 15.2 I have no skipped or dropped frames at all!

(I remember in the past I had this issue also with xbmc and my system. I can't remember which version it was though (i think 12 or 13) it was than fixed after an in between release and was not related to any settings I needed to do).

If I can help out by testing something or need if I need to post some logs please let me know.

This is so annoying now that I think I will go back to 15.2 if this does not get fixed soon... Sorry.
I'm having similar problems but with a different nvidia card.

System: Intel H97+G3258
GPU: GT 730
Drivers: 364.72

http://www.xbmclogs.com/pyzwlfw9p

This just started to happen when I added the nvidia card to the system, before I was running 16.1 RC2 with Intel HD GPU and got no troubles.
It seems to be related with the video scaling method: I had Lanzcos3 as default for all videos, and as soon as I change it to DXVA or Auto (is it the same?) frame skipping stops. After changing scaling to DXVA at least once I can change setting back use other scaling methods without frame skips.
I'm not sure if video scaling method changes apply in real time to the currently playing video or an stop & start is needed?
Is it something broken with NVIDIA and video scaling?
(2016-02-20, 14:09)carlitoska Wrote: I've found the option which is responsible for my issue:
It only happens when Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate is 'On'

I think I should report this as a bug. Could you - more experienced community people - confirm this?
You should for sure file it as a bug, especially if it affects newer versions.

(I came here from a search about a similar problem on ion/linux on xenial Kyrpton betas.. for me, Jarvis stable 16.1 works...)

Edit : based on thorazine74's solution, I set all video settings to "auto" in the video settings menu for my video and my skipping/dropping suddenly stopped. Now, I think I may have messed with those because there were issues with 1080i content not deinterlacing properly.. but at least now 720p x264 is smooth again, with "sync playback to display"! Thanks!
This issue hasn't been resolved right? At least not for Windows 7. Unsing Kodi 16.1 "Adjust display refresh rate" causes one frame skip every 150 seconds. I have to additionally check "sync playback to display" for minimum frame skips but even then about 3-4 times in an hour of playback the skip rate would rise. I've tried Kodi 17 and Kodi DSPlayer but both versions make it even worse. Although Kodi DSPlayer doesn't show a line with skip information, I can clearly see them here and there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping frames since Jarvis0