Exception updating database MyVideos99 from version 93 to 99
I'm having an issue upgrading to Jarvis. I've tried from windows and android, but I keep getting an error migrating the MySQL database. The data base is created and lots of SQL queries are executed, but the conversion fails at a certain point every time. I've dropped the DB twice to retry from different devices. Here is the log of that point.

Code:
17:01:39 T:16856   DEBUG: Mysql execute: CREATE VIEW tvshow_view AS SELECT   tvshow.*,  path.idParentPath AS idParentPath,  path.strPath AS strPath,  tvshowcounts.dateAdded AS dateAdded,  lastPlayed, totalCount, watchedcount, totalSeasons FROM tvshow  LEFT JOIN tvshowlinkpath ON    tvshowlinkpath.idShow=tvshow.idShow  LEFT JOIN path ON    path.idPath=tvshowlinkpath.idPath  INNER JOIN tvshowcounts ON    tvshow.idShow = tvshowcounts.idShow GROUP BY tvshow.idShow
17:01:39 T:16856   ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99] Undefined MySQL error: Code (1064)
                                            Query: CREATE VIEW tvshow_view AS SELECT   tvshow.*,  path.idParentPath AS idParentPath,  path.strPath AS strPath,  tvshowcounts.dateAdded AS dateAdded,  lastPlayed, totalCount, watchedcount, totalSeasons FROM tvshow  LEFT JOIN tvshowlinkpath ON    tvshowlinkpath.idShow=tvshow.idShow  LEFT JOIN path ON    path.idPath=tvshowlinkpath.idPath  INNER JOIN tvshowcounts ON    tvshow.idShow = tvshowcounts.idShow GROUP BY tvshow.idShow
17:01:39 T:16856   ERROR: Exception updating database MyVideos99 from version 93 to 99
17:01:39 T:16856   ERROR: Error updating database MyVideos99 from version 93 to 99
17:01:39 T:16856   DEBUG: Mysql rollback transaction
17:01:39 T:16856   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos92 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos92')
17:01:39 T:16856   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos91 [1049](Unknown database 'MyVideos91')

I'm not sure what to do with this. My SQL server is running on Archlinux. 10.1.11-MariaDB, to be specific. I verified that it is the latest available.

Thanks for your help!
Error 1064 means "error in sql syntax" but there's nothing wrong with that query when run against a genuine MySQL database (5.5 in my case), so can only conclude this is an issue with MariaDB (which isn't supported). It will probably require someone with a MariaDB server to debug the issue and propose a solution.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MariaDB isn't supported? The instructions on the Wiki for setting up MySQL on Archlinux states:

Quote:Arch, along with many other distributions, has migrated to the faster and more open MariaDB. It is a drop in replacement to MySQL and, thus, Kodi will require no modifications to work with it.

I would suggest this be modified, if it is not actually supported.
MariaDB is a drop in replacement, except when it isn't. As far as I know, MySQL is supported and MariaDB will work provided it conforms to supported MySQL behaviour. This isn't necessarily the same as "MariaDB is supported".

I've no idea why MariaDB is throwing errors over that statement, as it works with genuine MySQL.

Perhaps if you include your whole debug log for the migration there might be other clues you've omitted from your snippet.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I know that's no actual help in your case, but MariaDB on a Synology NAS is running without any problems here on Jarvis RC3 and MyVideos99 (Openelec)
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
Its a mariadb bug, i have made a report https://mariadb.atlassian.net/plugins/se.../MDEV-9576

Feel free to vote it so it gets Noticed
@marantz: Thanks, that looks like a good explanation - @mrhanman should probably downgrade to a version of MariaDB that pre-dates 28 Jan 2016.
Thanks, marantz, for reporting the bug. It looks like it's already been assigned. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the help, Milhouse. I'll see about downgrading and report back the working version.

EDIT: Downgrading to 10.1.10 seems to have fixed the db upgrade issues! One small problem. The episode counts are wrong. It shows "(number of episodes * 2) - 1" for each series. So, if there are 11 episodes for a given show, it says there are 21. The upshot of this is that even if I've seen all the available episodes, it doesn't put a check mark on the series. I've tried to clean the database, but that didn't help. It seems like this happened to me before, and I fixed it by dropping the database and just starting over, but I'd rather not do that again if I could.
this is the state with mariadb and kodi at the moment.
from 10.1.8 or something that episiode count bug appeared, https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-9181 which I reported a while ago and it got fixed in 10.1.11,
that fix introduced this new bug where views with nullif won't work.

So for using mariadb with kodi you need to use mariadb 10.0.21+ until this new bug is fixed, hopefully it will be easier to fix then the last one.
So, what are the odds that everything will work fine if I just upgrade back to 10.1.11? Now that the db has be upgraded, will the episode counts be correct?
not sure, try it!
https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDE...%22kodi%22

I don't understand why anyone sane would use a broken alpha DB ...

Edit: https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-9576 <- they already seem to know it ... can't you use something stable?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Even google have switched to mariadb. MySQL has alot of bugs too, just didnt hit kodi.
(2016-02-22, 21:55)marantz Wrote: Even google have switched to mariadb. MySQL has alot of bugs too, just didnt hit kodi.

So google switched to a DB that is not standard compliant and now all software out there needs to alter SQL standards?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
it is compatible with mysql, this was caused by a bug that made it say it was a syntax error. The query does work, but not within a view.
MariaDB is founded by the same guy who started MySQL but they wanted a more free and open db since as you all know Oracle owns mysql now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exception updating database MyVideos99 from version 93 to 990