Kodi 16.0 crashing when clicking on install from zip with Mac OS X 10.7.5
Hello Devs,

I noticed other people posting in the older Kodi 15.2 crashing thread but not providing any useful information. Since that issue was resolved for Kodi 15.2 on Mac OS X 10.7.5, a new thread is created for this latest version of Kodi 16.0.

Notice: If you are running Kodi 16.0 on a different platform than Mac OS X 10.7.5 and are having problems, then please do not post your messages in this thread. Please post a message in the appropriate hardware / OS support forum.

Ok.

Kodi 16.0 is crashing immediately when clicking install from zip. I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5.

Here is the pastebin Kodi debug log.

Here is the pastebin Mac OS report.

A small part of the Mac OS report at time of kodi 16.0 crash is showing:

Code:
Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   org.xbmc.kodi                   0x000000010d59168c Cocoa_GetVolumeNameFromMountPoint + 108
1   org.xbmc.kodi                   0x000000010d5f01a7 CDarwinStorageProvider::GetLocalDrives(std::__1::vector<CMediaSource, std::__1::allocator<CMediaSource> >&) + 855

If other Mac OS X 10.7.5 users are having the same problem please use pastebin to post your Kodi debug log and Mac OS report. Simply stating that you have a problem is not enough. You must help the devs in troubleshooting and resolving problems by providing log files.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Screw osx 10.7 - i will drop support for it in Krypton - That Bug sucks and i have no idea how to fix it - it's a broken API on Apples side imo ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've already reported this issue here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257398
Thing is, that this bug was already fixed in 15.1RC2 and somehow the patch got lost during the transition to 16.x (or at least so it seems) :-(
Oh yes - my Bad - That workaround was not picked for jarvis - forgot about it because we Never added it to mainline but only to the 15.x branch (because the Patch is so ugly) ... Well it will be Fixed for 16.1 then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2016-02-23, 08:59)Memphiz Wrote: Well it will be Fixed for 16.1 then ...

Awesome Cool Thanks!
Hi Memphiz,

Would you mind releasing a patched test build? It would be disappointing to release 16.1 and not have functionality verified.

Thank you for your efforts.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
please try and report back this 2 versions.

Based on 16.0 jarvis:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

Based on 17.0 krypton development branch:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
Both 16 and 17 test builds are working 100%. I tested by trying install addons from zip and also browse for media files on local and smb share.

Thank you
--
What are you installing from zip?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.0 crashing when clicking on install from zip with Mac OS X 10.7.50