Movie and TV-series library gone after update to KODI 16
Hi,

coming from KODI 16 RC3 I yesterday updated to the final. Afte update had to realize the Movie count was 0 as it was for TV-Series. Everything gone. Checking the userdata folder, the myVideo**.db showed a last change data from before the update (so I suppose they weren't erased).

Downgrading to 15.2 did solve the problem. Library is back again, but now I am hesitant to go to Jarvis. On Facebook (Forum was down yesterday) there were quite some people with the same issue. So Jarvis final is broken? Any update/fix to be expected in the near future?

My setup: MacMini late 2012, 16GB Ram, i7 Quadcore, El Capitan

Regards,
Marcel
Interesting, I've not had any issues. Are your media files stored locally or on a network drive?

Edit, I have media both locally and on a WD MyCloud NAS attached to my router.
It's absolutely reproduceable (would make screenshots but somehow Kodi prevents me from doing it). Just installed Jarvis final again - Movie and TV-Series count is 0. Everything gone. Downgraded back to 15.2 - everything is back to normal again.

Have my media on two external USB-drives connected directly to the MacMini.

As said - when I posted on Facebook about it while the forum was down, there were people having the same issue?
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey,

here you go: http://xbmclogs.com/pfnyrtdtw

What have I done?
1. Activated debug under 15.2 --> still 482 Movies in my library
2. Installed 16.0 --> 0 Movies in my library
3. Log uploaded

If anthing else is needed, just tell me.

Regards,
Marcel

P.S.: Going to downgrade again, hopefully it's working again...
I'm not a pro, but this looks pretty suspicious, doesn't it?

08:56:45 T:140735223676928 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
Query: PRAGMA cache_size=4096
08:56:45 T:140735223676928 ERROR: Connect failed with 'SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
Query: PRAGMA cache_size=4096

'
08:56:45 T:140735223676928 NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version 93 to 99
08:56:45 T:140735223676928 DEBUG: Copying from MyVideos93.db to MyVideos99 at /Users/marcelklaetsch/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database/
08:56:45 T:140735223676928 ERROR: SQL: Can't copy database. (11)
08:56:45 T:140735223676928 ERROR: Unable to copy old database MyVideos93 to new version MyVideos99
OK, after receiving no help or even any reaction at all, even though providing logs etc (thanks for the extremely "friendly" hint by just posting the wiki-link to debug log without any other word!), I solved it myself finally.

What helped was making a backup copy of MyVideos99.db (just to be sure), deleting MyVideos99.db, install Jarvis and restart again.

So thanks again for nothing. I certainly have learned from the experience in this forum here.
sorry i was on vacation during the time of asking for the log and normally i am not the only one doing support here. Well whatever expression you have i can't change it. Maybe i should also stop reading the forum. Big percentage of our userbase seems ungratefull, demanding and taking MY time for granted way to much...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
sincerely I hope, you enjoyed your 3 week holiday. even though I am sure, you cannot mean me with your remarks, please be assured that I am certainly not ungrateful. technically seen to be ungrateful, in the first place someone would have to have gotten some sort of help (which this person then can be ungrateful for). This I did not.

If you further more find that the definition of "demanding" is to - after 3 weeks of no reaction at all (from whoever, not specifically you!) - be disappointed, then we both might have a differing view on that.

And to not waste OTHER PEOPLE's time I posted my solution, which I also would not have to be obliged to but which I see as my contribution to open source and society as such. And regardless of any unfriendly experience here I will continue doing so by setting good examples.
i was not 3 weeks on vacation - its just that when i came back this thread was buried on my timeline... whatever

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie and TV-series library gone after update to KODI 160