Kodi 16, AirPlay doesnot work
Hi, I installed Kodi 16 on my iMac 10.11.3 El Capitan. I have iphone 6 with 9.2 iOS. I can see the AirPlay on my phone. But If I use it on phone for pictures or movies, KODI does not do anything. Why? THX Ales
Probably a stupid comment from me but there is an option in System-Service-Airplay for "enable airplay videos and pictures support" that only appears in expert mode. Is this set to "on"?

cheers
Yes, is Enabled
Then Turn it off and read that big AirPlay thread in the General forum ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-02-22, 21:28)Memphiz Wrote: Then Turn it off and read that big AirPlay thread in the General forum ...

Which one? Smile
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238523
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Still nothing, the forum is useless nobody works. No I have sound but no picture and movies Sad. I think guys from Kodi should work on it a little bit more
i am the only guy who developed the whole airplay feature. And i think its up to me how hard I work for what in my free time.

What app do you use on your ios device for airplaying?i
Hi Memphiz,

I for one am grateful to at least have audio (and can only imagine how hard it is to reverse engineer). Your efforts are always appreciated.
Is airplay not just an apple gimmik anyway though? This isn't a statement btw i'm asking.
Anyone on my wifi being able to stream audio, photos and video from an iphone/ipad to my TV (which only shows Kodi in fullscreen) was fantastic.

Sure it is apple proprietary - I agree it should be open.

Notwithstanding above it has proven popular as it is simple and "just works" (see lifehacker); that many corporates are putting appleTVs in their AV mix. A number of non apple products support it (see here).
Yeh im not saying dont use it just theres other protocols that do the same no?
well, it's a real shame that there are no open protocols that are installed on both ios and android devices per default. it's really google and apple's fault.
I fully agree that airplay is stupid in many ways and I wouldn't continue developing support for it either. it was practical while it lasted and at least music still works.
thank you Memphiz!
Agree Memphiz if you wrote the code its YOUR time people forget that and expect everyone to just give up their time for free, bet they wouldnt do their jobs for free.

Im not attacking the OP Btw.
(2016-03-06, 10:56)Memphiz Wrote: i am the only guy who developed the whole airplay feature. And i think its up to me how hard I work for what in my free time.

What app do you use on your ios device for airplaying?i

Memphiz, thanks for the hard work. It IS DEFINITELY appreciated!

I guess some people think you get paid to do your developing. They complain about a program that they had to pay nothing for.

Maybe they should roll up their sleves Wink !!

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16, AirPlay doesnot work0