• 7(current)
Kodi 4K support broken on Shield TV Marshmallow
I can't get this to work either. I only bought a 4K tv last week so wanted to test some files.

I've tried setting the shield to 1080p and 4K, but the 4K videos still display at 1080p. I've tried a UHD test file and it definitely is 1080p. If I set the shield to 4K it will play Netflix and you tube in 4K, but if i try and play the 4K file in kodi it plays in 1080p and shield itself reverts back to 1080p afterwards.

I'm really confused as it was working intermittently a couple of days ago, not reliably but it was working sometimes.

I've tried on both kodi and SPMC but same issue.
I have a 4k tv and an AVR that supports 4k and the SHIELD and all Kodi videos play at 4k

If i play 4k video in Netflix it also plays at 4k.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-28, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: I have a 4k tv and an AVR that supports 4k and the SHIELD and all Kodi videos play at 4k

If i play 4k video in Netflix it also plays at 4k.

I have no idea what's wrong in my setup then.

Denon x2200 and Panasonic 4K tv.

I set the shield to 4K, go into kodi and then the shield is back to 1080p. If I set the shield to 4K and go into other apps it stays as 4K. Which is baffling.
That's because kodi dictates what happens and not the shield.
I never change any setting on the shield and it works just fine.
Whilst reading your replies I had a shield update and after the update it now workss as long as I set the shield to 4K for everything.

I was hoping to set the shield to 1080p so kodi wasn't doing the up scaling on 1080p files, but this still isn't working on 4K files as they don't auto change resolution.

I'll stick to 4K for everything for now and see how that goes.
Mine is set to 1080p and video play just fine in 4k
Back to the drawing board then Smile

I'll keep playing - have no idea what else to try though
(2016-10-20, 11:21)Koying Wrote:
(2016-10-20, 11:10)Louike Wrote: yes you can but the issue remains. you can display a 2160p video and set 2160p gui perfectly fine, but the testvideo image undergoes scaling making the 4k text unreadable. this happenes in all settings except 24p (or with refresh rate switching changing to 24p). Its a Nvidia issue.

Nope. Works fine in all refresh rates for me.

Might be your AVR or TV doing something bizarre, not the Shield.
I guess heavy post-processing from the AVR/TV might render the text unreadable as well...

I have to get back on this old post, i found out that the SAMSUNG setting "HDMI UHD Colour" on the tv is the problem. it somehow enabled hdmi2.0b and HDR but that is when the scaling happenes. When disabled (revert to hdmi 2.0) it shows 4k now in any of the kodi or spmc versions.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 4K support broken on Shield TV Marshmallow2