Bug Player close button present with mouse support disabled
Its fine without, since you can press backspace to exit (I presume keyboard works same as remote) and as long as you can do that the button is only a mental crutch,
(2016-02-29, 11:32)da-anda Wrote: I think the reason why nobody (including me) liked that close button is that it looked exactly like the mouse/touch support close buttons, and that just felt like a bug and it also had a odd position for a non-touch related UI.
That, and the fact that I never used it, nor needed to, with my TV remote. It would be the same when introducing an alternative.
(2016-02-29, 11:32)da-anda Wrote: I can confirm. Focused that button by accident a couple times.

How about a compromise? I think the reason why nobody (including me) liked that close button is that it looked exactly like the mouse/touch support close buttons, and that just felt like a bug and it also had a odd position for a non-touch related UI. So how about adding a back arrow to the OSD menus? One that looks just like the one in the bottom right corner in the reset of the skin?

Huh, I guess it is :)

I would still just remove it. If a remote has no back button then the only thing they can really do is close the OSD. Every other part of Kodi can't select the on-screen back/close buttons with directional keys, so it's not much help.
Also surely with longpress or something if some odd remote doesnt have a back key you can program one up for the device specific thing and ship it. and that way you also have a cleaner UI.

Originally I thought I saw remotes without, but I think that was a momentary lapse and senility set in.
I only recall that JazzX had a reason to keep it back then, as I had pointed him to this "bug", but I really don't remember which one. That said, I'm still glad it's gone now Smile
I hit this by mistake tonight. Seems it's not a close button for the OSD, or at all. It's a "fullscreen" toggle. I can see the point of a button for that, but it's certainly using the wrong icon right now :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player close button present with mouse support disabled1