Episodes extracted from video resolution in file name
I had a season of files to rename, each file was named along the lines of
Code:
TheShowName S01E01 Episode Name (1920x1080) [UploaderTag]

When I brought them into TMM each file was recognized as two different episodes. Season 1, Episode 1 of TheShowName as well as Season 1, Episode 108 of TheShowName. Picking up episode 108 from the 'x108' in the file name.

I didn't see it as a big problem until I clicked 'Rename/cleanup selected TV Show(s)/Episode(s)' on the season dropdown. At this point each episode was renamed along the lines of
Code:
S01E01 Episode Name S01E108 S01E01 Episode Name (1920x1080) [UploaderTag]
The .nfo files also had a strange duplication of the <episodedetails> for each episode.

I'm not sure but I could have probably avoided this by only selecting the non E108 episodes to rename and reloaded the library, had I anticipated the problem but I ended up manually renaming the files.

I'm using TMM-2.7.2.1, I believe in older versions I had more control over how TMM would extract episode data in the TV Show scraper settings. For instance I could tell it not to look for 'x##' for episode data, or to only look for 'e##'. Is there any way for me to tweak these scraper settings now?

I noticed there is actually a way to include resolution data in the renamer settings, I don't use this but imagine anyone who did would come across this issue after renaming files and updating their library.

Sorry if this is a repeated post, I didn't find it in my searches.
well, no, you have (and had) no control over how we detect the episode.
This is kinda heavy part, and if you change something for one show, it completely messes your others.

We already have a very good detection rate, for all known Kodi variants, merged with some real life examples.
But adding too much information to the filename always causes some extra problems here and then.

This case was a simple "bug" - this particular resolution detection was only introduced for movies, but not for TvShows...
Will be in next version Smile
Thanks
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episodes extracted from video resolution in file name0