Intel Compute Stick (Cherry Trail - Released 2016)
i have Wintel Pro 8 with intel z8300 (80$ with shipping) - im sucessful runing from EFI32 bios - Openelec 64bit Generic (version from Fritch with Intel EGL patches)
most movies 4k H265 8bit working well without problem, LiveTV also - only deinterlace for SD channels could be better.

About sound - is problem with drivers - in kernel im found modules for enable SST audio cherry trail, im enabled and even update kernel to latest 4.5

But i getting error from this module can't match hardware to driver

Quote:cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/
10EC5640:00
10EC5651:00
this 2 device id are soudcard and codec ...

im suppse is nedded modification in driver to match sound card with module of driver.

If could want help i can send all logs, or even give access remotly to my box ...

PS. Wifi wth BT also have problem with driver.
Im found another device with special replaced audio chipset for support linux and Wifi module on Intel
Looks here http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart...51938.html

Looks promising but… it is almost two times more expensive than normal Wintel Sad and there is no guaranty that it really works over HDMI or only for AUX
Has anyone got decent HDMI Audio support with the Z-series Bay Trail and the X-series Cherry Trail under Linux/OpenElec? I thought Intel hadn't produced decent support (just a forked version of Ubuntu for the Compute Stick) with no mainline kernel support?
Noggin - I've had no luck with it. I beat this thing up trying different OpenElec versions - both 32 and 64 builds.
I'm done with it for now - as of last night, I rebuilt all the partitions back to factory and did a fresh install of windows 10 on it.

I've set everything for performance in windows and even mounted the 64 GB SD Card to the primary drive as well, to keep the primary FS utilization down.

As of last night and today, I feel like Kodi is running like a champ. It's actually running about the same (performance wise - no menu lag, no buffering) as my two other Zotac ZBOXs, which have a lot more ram and are running OPENELEC.

For now, I'm going to throw in the towel, but I'm going to configure Kodi to load with windows. Then I'll set it automatically restart the application if it crashes or becomes unresponsive with an app monitor, batches, etc...

As of now though, until the drivers are supported for Linux, I honestly have no complaints about how it runs on this device and windows 10.

Thanks,
James
Yup - on second thought... I'm just going to use this method below, to boot straight into kodi. Smile Will let ya know if there are any issues.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Make_Window...s_a_shell)
So I used the Launcher4Kodi application and it makes Kodi boot up to this shell, so the explorer.exe doesn't actually run until you either close it, or you can simply make it not run at all.

I'm actually pretty happy with the performance still with the stick and now that there is no interaction with WIn10, I honestly have no complaints. Everything is working as expected so far - will post an update after about a week of use.

Thanks,
James
Purchased one of these the other week

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/3417...tel-inside

Found it to be working really well, was sceptical with running win 10 with only 2GB memory but no problems so far. Handle my big bluray rips and passes audio through to me receiver with no issues.

One side note though I disabled the malware security in win 10 which improved performance.
(2016-04-02, 11:59)ThY91 Wrote: Purchased one of these the other week

Found it to be working really well, was sceptical with running win 10 with only 2GB memory but no problems so far. Handle my big bluray rips and passes audio through to me receiver with no issues.

One side note though I disabled the malware security in win 10 which improved performance.

When you say passes audio through to my receiver - is this DD/DTS passthrough, HD Audio passthrough (didn't think that worked in Windows on Z-series Bay Trails) or just that you got audio over HDMI (in Windows I get DD/DTS and PCM5.1/7.1 over HDMI with the HDMI out of a Z-series tablet in Windows 10. Think I got DD+ reported as well)
Tronsmart Ara X5 on sale for $99.99

FYI, Geekbuying is having a 72 hour sale of items. Their Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus Windows 10 TV Box Cherry Trail Z8300 is now on sale for $99.99 with coupon code >> Only 100PCS Last Chance! Tronsmart Ara
$40 OFF CODE: ARAX5PLUS40
(2016-04-02, 12:21)noggin Wrote:

When you say passes audio through to my receiver - is this DD/DTS passthrough, HD Audio passthrough (didn't think that worked in Windows on Z-series Bay Trails) or just that you got audio over HDMI (in Windows I get DD/DTS and PCM5.1/7.1 over HDMI with the HDMI out of a Z-series tablet in Windows 10. Think I got DD+ reported as well)

Let me double check, I'll plug it back into the receiver and see what it displays.

Yeah - Im on the same page with ya. I couldn't be happier with the performance, especially after using the Launcher4Kodi to bypass the explorer.exe and tweaking the shutdown/restart menus. Performance has been great - I've even passed the unit to a skeptical friend, to see what he thinks about the device.
For $100, this would be a nice deal if HD audio bitstreaming is indeed supported. Use Kodi MVC build and get full 3D and HD audio? May be a new budget champ.

Scratch that, this likely will not do HD audio. Realized it's the same h/w as Beelink BT3, which I've been testing. It will however do full LPCM multi-channel, similar to Raspberry Pi.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Was mistaken, passes through all audio fine except for DTS-HD MA which gets changed to just DTS
(2016-04-06, 06:42)ThY91 Wrote: Was mistaken, passes through all audio fine except for DTS-HD MA which gets changed to just DTS

And I'm guessing True HD will be output as DD (assuming there is an accompanying 'hidden' DD stream)

The Bay Trail and Cherry Trail tablet SoCs used in Tablets and Mini PCs/Stick PCs appear to have PCM 5.1/7.1, DD/DD+/DTS lossy bit streaming only (i.e. pretty much the same as a Raspberry Pi but with DD+?) in Windows.

The good news is that recent Kodi builds, thanks to the work done integrating Open Source DTS HD MA decoding by the Pi dev team, should give you lossless HD Audio decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1. (No HD Audio lights on the amp, but theoretically identical audio quality. No Atmos or DTS:x though)
problem resolver HDMI audio works under linux !!!! (even latest kernel 4.5 )

If someone are interested i can share with Openelec image with HDMI audio patch Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Compute Stick (Cherry Trail - Released 2016)0