• 3(current)
Mod Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes
@Edworld

Not at this moment, but if there's more demand and a suitable place to put it, I'll be happy to add it. I'm trying to avoid adding too much information to avoid cluttering the screen, but everyone has their own tastes. Smile I have to admit though, the recent additions of more RT, Metacritic and IMDB data in the Skin Helper Service is tempting to add. Feel free to modify the code if you wish to add it in yourself though.
is it possible to reupload the mpaa flags? the link doesn't work anymore... thanks a lot!
(2016-03-04, 21:18)dan.reppe1 Wrote: is it possible to reupload the mpaa flags? the link doesn't work anymore... thanks a lot!

Oops, sorry didn't realise link went down. Link updated in first post. Thanks
for me the rotten tomatoes page is broke, no infos, anybody else experiencing this?
maybe some layout changes on their page?
(2016-03-05, 00:01)neurosis13 Wrote: for me the rotten tomatoes page is broke, no infos, anybody else experiencing this?

The data in omdbapi was reorganized and skinhelper had to change because of this. This mod needs to be updated to use the new definitions in skinhelper
(2016-03-05, 00:10)Edworld Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 00:01)neurosis13 Wrote: for me the rotten tomatoes page is broke, no infos, anybody else experiencing this?

The data in omdbapi was reorganized and skinhelper had to change because of this. This mod needs to be updated to use the new definitions in skinhelper

great, thanks for your reply.
Wink
i updated to the latest skin helper and the rotten tomatoes data is back, maybe the ratings are a bit messed up,
8.9 % for "The Empire strike back" is a little surprising, 4.1% did like it though, wasn't expecting that it bombed that hard back in the days
Rofl

The good thing seems to be that it is not a mod issue, titan skin is the same, so lets see if skin helper pushes an update very soon.

(2016-03-05, 01:55)neurosis13 Wrote: i updated to the latest skin helper and the rotten tomatoes data is back, maybe the ratings are a bit messed up,
8.9 % for "The Empire strike back" is a little surprising, 4.1% did like it though, wasn't expecting that it bombed that hard back in the days
Rofl

The good thing seems to be that it is not a mod issue, titan skin is the same, so lets see if skin helper pushes an update very soon.

Yep, as Edworld stated, the omdapi was changed, so it wasn't a skin issue. Updating the Skin Helper Service should fix it, however I'll also need to update the skin as well since the developer of Skin Helper Service has decided to make the old code for the Tomatometer to show the Average Rating and the User Rating to show Average User Rating instead. That's why Star Wars is showing the average ratings instead Tongue

I've updated the skin in the first post. Please make sure you are running the latest version of Skin Helper Service which can be downloaded from here.

Neurosis, I've PM'd you your custom version with the update.
First of all THANK YOU A LOT for this mod ! It was a lot of time that I was looking for rottentomatoes integration. But I have some questions:

1) About autoplaying trailers, what's in line 1327 ? I don't understand well what I have to delete. I'm trying to use notepad or some online xml editor but is quite a mess (any tool to suggest?) and line 10 + 11 are easy to get but with line 1327 I got

"<description>Certified Fresh logo 75%+ only</description>"

Looks weird that I have to delete this.

2) The pastebin without the auto-playing trailer has also another difference "RottenTomatoesRating" instead of "RottenTomatoesMeter" , don't know why but with the firs I've got some problem...the same thing another user posted, meaning weird ratings. I updated skinhelper but doesn't change. But actually I understand the problem: the ratings actually are right because, for audience, they are in a scale 1 to 5 point is that here are displayed as % and by conseguence looks bad and get the bad icons. If you see Rottentomatoes website you can see what I mean:

So I think that or you use the normal Tomatoes Meter (in %) or you use Rating but you need to modify it so it won't give a % and hopefully get also the right icons. I would stick with Tomatoes Meter.

3) Can we have the rating in the main page of the movie? I mean in the same page where is indicated the language?

4) Can anybody tell me how to have this layout with the Tomatoes stats showing in that line ?

Thanks !
Knight77:

I copied the code that Hustler1337 provided in his mod and pasted it to includefurniture. I don't know how to code but managed to make it work:

http://pastebin.com/tJn3eLjX
@Knight77

1) Disabling trailer autoplay

The line numbers to delete are no longer valid as i've updated the code as of yesterday so it won't match. Please ignore that and I'll update the thread with proper instructions on how to disable it.

2) Average rating being shown instead of Tomatometer

Yep, you were also looking at an old pastebin post meant for someone else - the Skin Helper Service recently changed their code for Rotten Tomatoes data. See my post above for a bit more info on that. I updated the mod yesterday with the fix so please only use the download links in the first post and not anything else you find in this thread.

3) Tomatometer on main page

At this moment i've no plans to put this on the main page as it'll kind of make the second 'page' redundant or out of place. I'll PM you a custom mod to accommodate your request - please avoid replying in this thread regarding the personal mod to stop further confusion amongst users. Smile

4) That's not part of this mod so I can't help you on that. I'd recommend PM'ing Edworld to discuss his mod.

Thanks
Ok id love to have the rt ratings on my windows, can anyone describe the exact steps to make this mod work?Thanks a lot. Ok i got it. replace your dialogvideo file with the one provided.
Arctic Rocks!!

My vote goes for tomatometer on the main page sorry!Keep up the great work anyway, thanks a lot.
the ratings doesn't work anymore, are there any solutions?
(2016-03-21, 21:49)dan.reppe1 Wrote: the ratings doesn't work anymore, are there any solutions?

Working fine for me. Make sure you've updated to the latest version of Skin Helper Service and also running the latest version of the mod. I had to update the code in the mod a couple of weeks ago because the Skin Helper Service had change their code for Rotten Tomatoes. All the installation instructions can be found on the first post of this thread. Hope that helps
Hi Hustler,

it's working with the newest version of skin helper script.
But there seem to be still some issues with it, i am going to delete the caches and see if these "old bugs" still persist.

I realized that a field for "Country" is missing in the dialog video info.
If you are still working on your mod then you might consider adding this entry,

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Information Window (DialogVideoInfo) with Rotten Tomatoes5