Win AppleTV Skin
I really like the appTV skin.
This is the first skin that does not have all the clutter and confusing complexity.
Great approach!

The only thing that is not working is how to operate recorded TV and access to the Timers.
(which should be called "scheduled recordings" so that a normal person gets its meaning)

I am not able to reach it with a remote control, therefore for me the skin is only usable with a keyboard which is too bad.

Also one cannot use it with a tough device only, because the EPG cannot be scrolled via tough IF.

Great user interface. It only needs a very little bit of tuning.

Dear UI developer, please make it happen!. Not all people love to use a mouse and keyboard in front of TV.
(2016-02-25, 09:13)Marty56 Wrote: I really like the appTV skin.
This is the first skin that does not have all the clutter and confusing complexity.
Great approach!
Thank you, nice to know our work is appriciated

Quote:The only thing that is not working is how to operate recorded TV and access to the Timers.
(which should be called "scheduled recordings" so that a normal person gets its meaning)

I am not able to reach it with a remote control, therefore for me the skin is only usable with a keyboard which is too bad.
From the screen you entered the PVR screens from (you can select from the skin settings exactly where that would be)
you need to navigate 'left', this will bring up the screen settings menu. From here you would need to select the sub screen you want
and Kodi will open that particular window for you. If you want to hit a button on your remote and go directly there, you will need to edit
the 'remote' section in your keymap file (this has nothing to do with which skin you have selected).

As to the naming of screens in the PVR section, while I could hack a different display name for the screens I am not keen to do so,
as the last time I tried changing things too much in this section I managed to crash the entire Kodi program. So if you think the naming
needs changing you need to convince the Kodi devs that "scheduled recordings" is a better name than "timers"

Quote:Also one cannot use it with a tough device only, because the EPG cannot be scrolled via tough IF.

Great user interface. It only needs a very little bit of tuning.

Dear UI developer, please make it happen!. Not all people love to use a mouse and keyboard in front of TV.
Most of your issues have nothing to do with the skin writer, but the Kodi dev's. I don't have access to
a proper PVR solution (I use the Demo PVR interface for testing, but that does not give access to various section of PVR).

As to the type of access to the UI, most skins (including this one) have to provide 'remote' access as a bare minimum.
I also try to provide mouse/touch support but to a very large degree this is also controlled by the Kodi devs, so if they have not
provided the touch events in the EPG, there is nothing I can do about it. That said, if you have mouse supported in the EPG,
I would think that touch should also work. Remember, to a large degree we skin writers can change the look of the interface,
but it is the devs that determine what we can show you and to a lesser degree they also determine how you navigate thru
the program.

Now the good news. I have not been sitting still on the skin, version 1.3.5 is due as soon as I fix a bug I had introduced in
the Video library views. Hopefully I will make a pull request of the repo keepers in the next day or so.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi Wyrm,

Thanks for your answer.

With respect of getting access to other sub menus in the PVR section.
Your suggestions is principally working but it is not working nicely.
This is because when you hit TV you are in the EPG that is centered at the current time. Scrolling to the left means that you have to scroll first some hours in the past within the EPG until the menu is appearing.

The best solution would be a sub menu in the main menu, which let one access the needed PVR menus.

With respect of tough support, that is unfortunate but I see your point.
(2016-02-27, 20:04)Marty56 Wrote: Hi Wyrm,

Thanks for your answer.

With respect of getting access to other sub menus in the PVR section.
Your suggestions is principally working but it is not working nicely.
This is because when you hit TV you are in the EPG that is centered at the current time. Scrolling to the left means that you have to scroll first some hours in the past within the EPG until the menu is appearing.

The best solution would be a sub menu in the main menu, which let one access the needed PVR menus.

With respect of tough support, that is unfortunate but I see your point.
Yep and that's why the devs added the ability to hit the menu key and have the skin bring up the menu I'm talking about. This is a new feature of Kodi Jarvis, on the keyboard it's the 'm' key and as long as you have the 'menu' key mapped on your remote, the 'menu' key will do the same thing on your remote.

As to adding items to the Broadcast sub menu on the home screen, not at this very late moment in my release cycle. As soon as I have sorted the problem with my local Github client caused by the kids bringing malware into my system Ronie will receive an e-mail asking him to pull 1.3.5 into the main repo, so hopefully in the next hour or so.

We are only allowed to request a pull to the repo once a month, so will be at least a month before I can do anything about this. And then I would only consider adding an entry for the EPG. If you want to add all of these screens to the broadcast menu I suggest you edit the favourites.xml file and add the appropriate call to this file. So in the case of EPG, it would be ActivateWindow(TVGuide). For Channels it would be ActivateWindow(TVChannels) or ActivateWindow(RadioChannels) for TV or Radio channels. For Recordings it would be ActivateWindow(TVRecordings) and for Timers it would be ActivateWindow(TVTimers). Once you have added the entries to the favourites.xml file you need to get into my skins settings menus and add shortcuts on the home menu as you normally would.

Hope this helps
Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV Skin0