Req Random FanArt - Verify FanArt Exists First
Hey,

Problem:

For Skins that support Random FanArt. It does NOT first check to see if the randomly selected movie and/or TV show has any FanArt.

Example skin that supports Random FanArt: Xonfluence @ http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630
Quote:1.) Skin Settings > General > Global Skin Option > "Enable single bloabl background" is Unchecked

2.) Skin Settings > General > Global Skin Option > "Enable background playuing media" is Checked

3.) Skin Settings > Background Artwork > Each "Background path" is Set to "Default"

4.) Skin Settings > Background Artwork > "Multi-image background time per image" is Set to "Skin default"

5.) Skin Settings > Home menu Items > "Menu item 6 (Movies) and Menu item 7 (TV Shows" > "Background type:" is Set to "Random fanArt"
So with those settings set, Random fanArt should be displayed as background image for Movies and TV Shows.

But more often then not, just the default background image (red curtain) is shown as the background.

The reason this is happening is because not every single movie and/or TV Show has FanArt. I have been slowly adding it over the years.

So my request is simple. Please have the function verify when it selects random FanArt from Movies and/or TV Shows that have FanArt to begin with.

Current Kodi Behavior:
Quote:Random FanArt is selected 100% Randomly. It does NOT take into account Movies and/or TV Shows that do NOT have any FanArt.

So many times it randomly selects Movies and/or TV Shows that have no FanArt so the user sees the default background image instead of the expected random FanArt.
Expected Kodi Behavior:
Quote:Random FanArt is still selected randomly. But now it first verifies the Movie and/or TV Show selected at random, indeed has FanArt to use.

Basically if randomly selected Movie and/or TV Show selected has no FanArt then pick another random Movie and/or TV Show until you find one that does.

So now the user always sees the expected random FanArt.
Thanks again,

Will
not a Kodi problem. its a Skin problem.

Please ask in the related Skin tread!

EDIT:

And what did you quothe there? did you quote urself? looks horrible.
Not a skin problem:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2244608

(2016-02-13, 18:23)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi Will,

I'm sorry but you cannot program workaround like you want in the skin (like try a random one in a loop until found). The skin is only a cosmetic layer on top of the kodi software. You can just test on some conditions meant for conditional visibility.

So I think the best thing you can do is open a bug report and it might be solved in one of the future kodi versions.

Thanks,

Helly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random FanArt - Verify FanArt Exists First0