Has Amazon Fire Stick Banned Install of Kod on v5.0.5
Has anyone been able to install Kodi Jarvis on the updated FireStick version 5.0.5

I am unable to install Jarvis on this updated version. Updated 1-20-16

I upgraded to Isengard last month with older version with no problems.

I currently have no problems updating my older FireStick Version 54.1.2.3

Has Amazon banned installing Kodi on the stick with this new version?
Just chatted with Amazon:

Amazon: I am sorry but it might not be possible that it is not compatible with the new version .

That's the reason you are not able to install it .

Me: can I side load it

Amazon: I am sorry but it is not possible .

Apparently Amazon has banned Kodi Jarvis APK ARM installation on this new version, Great!
Linda i have Jarvis installed on a firetv running 5.0.5 os. What kind of error are you getting?
It just wouldn't install using ES file explorer,

I was able to finally install it using FIrestarter, I followed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWz5jtaw...e=youtu.be

Thanks!
Okay that's what I was going to suggest. Probably was a parse package error meaning didn't download full file likely
Amazon hasn't done anything on their side to block Kodi from being sideloaded.
I had a similar issue yesterday trying to install Jarvis on my new Firestick and when trying to download the apk from Kodi as per the numerous instructions available it wouldn't download in ES so I had a look around in ES and there's a setting in Download Manager if I remeber correctly about multiple streams or something similar saved the change then tried to download again and it worked as the instructions said it should and Jarvis installed fine.

Hope this helps.

Jon
All,

ES File explorer won't auto download and run the .apk file extensions, but it will download and install them if it is in a Zip file. The below link is updated with the latest stable releases of Kodi in both .apk and .zip for android. Mods, maybe you can sticky the link to the zip files for future users, so new threads aren't started every time someone tries to use ES to install Kodi.

Use ES File Explorer to download Kodi 15.2 or 16.0 ARM in zip format

Kodi zip files for stable releases can be found here -- http://www.htpcbeginner.com/aftv/
ES File Explorer is a fantastic tool. It's great for getting things on Fire TV products because you can "send" files between ES on the TV and on your Android phone for example. Saying that I've always found their direct downloading flaky.

Firestarter is an essential tool for Fire TV owners especially because it can handle Kodi updates.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
.apk files are zip files.
I have the same issue when trying to install kodi. I have tried the links/videos that other people have posted and it still does not work. When I download the file it downloads successfully. When I click open file I get the option to open it in Es note editor or html viewer. The problem seems to be when I click on a .Apk file (or zip file) it seems to show up as an html. Please can anyone help or tell me what I am doing wrong f
(2016-02-27, 12:23)Jry81 Wrote: I have the same issue when trying to install kodi. I have tried the links/videos that other people have posted and it still does not work. When I download the file it downloads successfully. When I click open file I get the option to open it in Es note editor or html viewer. The problem seems to be when I click on a .Apk file (or zip file) it seems to show up as an html. Please can anyone help or tell me what I am doing wrong f

Did you resolve this? I'm having the same problem
Amazon did not only let me install KODI on my firestick on the new FW, it also placed it in amazon home screen.

Thanks Amazon
This might help you guys out.. https://youtu.be/djR1GBfvGTE
(2016-07-04, 15:48)Mitchr1991 Wrote: This might help you guys out.. https://youtu.be/djR1GBfvGTE

For the majority the ES File method doesn't work. It might be the version of ES, I'm not sure however whilst downloading Kodi it won't actually install.

I had to use apps2fire from the play store via an android tablet which installed it within 20 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has Amazon Fire Stick Banned Install of Kod on v5.0.50