Crash on Startup - no guisettings found
OSX Version 10.11.3
Platform early 2011 Macbook Pro 15 inch (RAM and SSD were aftermarket upgrades)
Install Method dmg
Version of Kodi/XBMC 16

I used Kodi a couple months ago and loved it. At some point, my computer crashed and I restored from a time machine backup and everything was working. When I tried to open Kodi, it wouldn't open. The app would bounce once or twice in the dock and then close, nothing would open. In terminal, it would say that the guisettings.xml file did not exist. I tried deleting everything (the app and the library support folder) and reinstalling. I have tried that multiple times to no avail, no install of it seems to write all the files needed to open the program. I have been trying for quite a few weeks at random points but wanted to see if there was something I could do because doing a clean install of my OS is the last option and I really don't want to go through that if I can avoid it. If anyone knows what is happening, that would be amazing.

I don't even think it gets to a point of generating a log. I checked the Logs folder in the Library folder and there is nothing. I think it literally won't write any of the files I need. I downloaded Kodi directly from https://kodi.tv/download/ so I doubt my downloads are all corrupted.

I appreciate the help. Please let me know what other information I can provide to help.
Which library folder are you looking in? The Kodi support folder that needs to be deleted is in your user folder ~/Library/Application Support/. This folder is hidden but you can access it by copying and pasting the path in "Go">"Go to folder". Once you get there delete the Kodi folder.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thats the one I kept deleting. The folder it keeps writing is called Kodi and it contains four other folders (addons, media, system, userdata). The addons folder contains one folder called packages which is empty. Media and Systems are both empty. Userdata contains two files, rssfeeds.xml and sources.xml. It is missing other files without a doubt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Startup - no guisettings found0