Win Video Not Appearing In Movie Library
Running into a snag. I am trying a real simple format, one specifically detailed on the Kodi forum, that is creating an NFO using a simple IMDB link. Using this Family Guy special as an example...
<movie>
<title>Something, Something, Something, Dark Side</title>
<runtime>52 min.</runtime>
<sorttitle>Something, Something, Something, Dark Side</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329665/
<movie>

Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks!
This line:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
is not necessary to have in your .nfo file, but it does no harm eighter, as far as I know.

Otherwise, just do exactly what BatterPudding is explaining you.

create a .nfo and put those simple lines in it and don't forget to open and close a line with the correct tags.
after that, re-scrape your media and your vhs should be in it.
(2016-04-21, 08:01)Gweilojake Wrote: Running into a snag. I am trying a real simple format, one specifically detailed on the Kodi forum, that is creating an NFO using a simple IMDB link. Using this Family Guy special as an example...
<movie>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1329665/
<movie>

Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks!

Try this...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
       <id>tt1329665</id>
</movie>

Notice the missing XML line at the top.
Also look at the <id> tag which holds the IMDB ID
And notice that each opening <TAG> has a matching close </TAG> Which shows you had an extra <movie> on the end of your example.[/php]
Thanks to your patient and thorough guidance, Batter Pudding, I've been able to create NFO files for films and music videos (though custom collections of music videos still eludes me).

I am facing a new challenge. Now, I'm attempting to create an NFO file for a somewhat obscure TV series (Duckman). While using scrapers, it seemed to recognize it, but the progress bar never moves, and it is not imported.

So now...how to create an NFO for a 5 season series plus special features. Would I have to create an NFO for each episode, or is there a simpler protocol?

Either way, could you provide a sample or template of an NFO that was generated for a TV series that I could use for reference, and perhaps customize? That's essentially how I learned to create files for movies that would not scrape.

ANY advice for this novice is greatly appreciated. I did not seem to get anywhere with the information provided on the initial "how to" on the Kodi intro.

And lastly, how should I rename files in each season folder, or should I remove them from the folders, place them in a single folder, with a naming convention "Duckman - S01E01" for example.

Thanks, again!!!
You're resurrecting a rather old thread with a different issue, albeit a thread of your own.

I'd concentrate on why you can't simply scrape it normally. It's in thetvdb.com, and the episodes are there as well, so it shoudl work. Their site seems to be having issues at the moment, however, so that may be your problem.

I'd suggest a new thread with a debug log (wiki) showing the scrape. Otherwise, you're looking at creating a tvshow.nfo at the root of the series, and then an <episode>.nfo for each individual entry, which gets tedious.

And yes, I remember Duckman...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
As Prof Yaffle notes - the site is being hammered too hard and is offline. Ah - back now - and then gone again to be replaced by a cloudflare page.

I have Duckman in my video collection and I just call it /duckman/season 01/duckman s1e1.mkv with no special tweaks or needs of an inf file.

There are some stupid battles going on out on the web in the KODI world. I had to take the repository I hosted offline because someone was downloading 20GB-30GB per day from it. Even through the add-on was only a few KB.

It is this stupid addon war abusing not just KODI but the suppliers of free services like TheTVDB.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Not Appearing In Movie Library0