Bug PVR Addon 1st Start
This is something that's bugged me for years and I can't believe its not been fixed. When enabling live tv for first time, Kodi will prompt to enable an addon. After enabling Mediaportal addon nothing happens. Nothing at all. Going back into addons reveals its enabled. Now this where I'm not 100% what fixes it. I've just gone into the addon settings and pressed ok as the defaults are fine and then disabled then re-enabled live tv and voila the live tv data is loaded. I *think* its the opening and closing of the addon settings that does it as I'm sure I've disabled and enabled live tv before and this just disables the addon and we're back at the start again. I'm posting it here as I think it maybe an addon bug as opposed to a kodi live tv bug but I may be wrong.
By "1st start", do you mean every time you launch Kodi, or every time you upgrade to a new Kodi version? I've experienced similar problems when upgrading, but after fiddling about like you describe, the addon works well and loads up all channels and EPG every time i launch Kodi as long as the backend is up and running.

Come to think of it, on Isengard (or was it Helix?) I had issues from time to time where live TV for some reason had been disabled upon launch, maybe once a month or so.
Yep its fine once configured. I just mean on a fresh installation. Its annoying when you set up kodi a lot! Once its up and running I've had no problems really so kudos to kodi/mediaportal devs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Addon 1st Start0