OS X Dual Screen Setup on OSX & Jarvis
Hi everybody,
i got a Problem with my Setup since i upgraded to Jarvis.
Setup is a Macbook Pro 13" Late 2013 with 10.11.3
I use it in clamshell mode with having a Dell 2715H as Primary and
A Samsung TV as secondary Display.
Both set as separate displays
The Kodi Log refers to the Dell as Display 0
And Samsung as Display 1.

I let Kodi run on the Samsung but once i open
A file the video runs on the Dell.
The log Shows the switch to 1080p/24 on display 0.
720p files are working as they should and are being played on the TV.
I cannot figure out the problem.
With 15.2 everything worked fine.
Is that a common issue?
If i turn off "adjust display refresh rate" it works
But the tv claims to put the video out at 1080p/60fps and
Not 24fps as it does when activated.
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here we go:
http://pastebin.com/Jb3cskLd

As said before:
When "Adjust refresh rate" is turned off everything works fine.
Might have something to do with that.
I tried to reproduce the problem but i wasn't really successful. I have not the equipment for your use case. I only have a hackbook with DisplayPort and a Samsung TV connected to it. I was not able to reproduce a scenario where starting a movie with refreshrate adaption enabled results in kodi moving from the external to the internal screen. It always switched the TV and also played back the video on the TV. I also only have osx 10.10.5 on this scenario. I have El Capitan on a macmini but its also only connected to that TV (no second screen available for it).

Your debug log somehow suggests that you have a stale setting somewhere which tells it that the fullhd 24hz resolution is to be found on screen 0.

How exactly did you connect 2 monitors to the macbook? (Some docking station?)

Also you mentioned clamshell mode. Does this also happen when you leave your display open?

You could activly switch from screen 1 to screen 0 in kodi settings - playback a movie, verify that it works on screen 0 - then switch explicitly back to screen 1 in kodi settings and see if the issue is still there (if my really wonky assumption about the stale setting is true - maybe its vanished then).

If this doesn't help - would it be a valid workaround to switch screen 0 and 1 (in case it works if you leave kodi on screen 0).

Beside that there is nothing i can really do about it. Its sad that it worked before and now is somehow broken - but i have nothing in my hands to get this fixed. Regressions like that happen when core stuff changes which effects all platforms. In this case it has a side effect for you obviously.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your reply,
The Dell is connected via Thunderbolt (Mini DP) to DP and the Samsung via HDMI to HDMI.
Any scenario where both Monitors are connected will result in having the playback put out to the Dell.
Either switching the screens or having the Book open.
If i unplug the Dell everything works fine, too.
I also removed everything Kodi related and re installed but still the same.
I found another post on the Kodinerds Board where someone
with a Windows 10 System is having the same error.

Really seems to be a side effect in a unusual environment with 2 external displays.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Screen Setup on OSX & Jarvis0