v16 Changes in JSON API for Jarvis
A previously working JSON call from python now is giving me an error. I was wondering if I missed seeing a list of API changes for Jarvis somewhere.

Was working thru Isengard:
Code:
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 0, "method": "Settings.getSettings", "params": { "filter":{"section":"system", "category":"debug"} } }')

With Jarvis this now returns:

Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 0, u'error': {u'message': u'Invalid params.', u'code': -32602, u'data': {u'settings': []}}}

It seems to be the filter that is causing the issue. I can easily not filter, but for the future, I was wondering if someone could point me to the list of syntax changes or something.
Thx
Bumpy bump.
I'm using what feels like (probably is given my lack of ability) a ridiculously complicated python function to read the log and check for the presence of 'DEBUG'.
Anyone know if the above json call will still work in a modified form?
Alternatively - if there's a way to run the debug log 'quietly' (ie no text on the page) other than via advancedsettings?
TIA.
Hi, have you sorted this?
Original question is dated back to 2016.
Current official release json docs: https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v8
Current alpha json docs: https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v9
Hi,
Links doesn't help, as the "documentation" is not detailed enough. I haven't found ANY working example to get the settings
Until now we don't even know what you're after...
Searching for "kodi settings json" hits a forum post where someone posted examples.
It's easy to go from there, for example this will tell you if debug log is on or off:
Code:

{ "id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.GetSettingValue", "params": { "setting":"debug.showloginfo"} }
Also there's a method to get all sections and categories, which by the way is in the docs, so if you have a look at them you can see that "debug" would be "logging".
Code:
{ "id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.GetSettings", "params": { "filter": { "section": "system", "category":"logging" } } }
Hi, thanks for your support,

I am looking for an example to detect the available video resolutions. I found this example:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.GetSettings", "params":{"filter":{"section":"system","category":"videoscreen"}},"id":1}

But it doesn't work and I didn't found any examples / docs for it.
I don't think this is possible.
With the settings system you can get current settings, not possible values.
Code:
{ "id": 1, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.GetSettings", "params": { "filter": { "section": "system", "category":"display" } } }
I am referring to this thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200052

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes in JSON API for Jarvis0