Raspberry Pi 3 Model B launched - upgraded CPU and integrated WiFi and Bluetooth
For the ones that received the new board, does it support HD audio passthrough?
(2016-06-28, 20:09)carlosasj Wrote: For the ones that received the new board, does it support HD audio passthrough?

What new board? Or do you mean the Pi 3?

The Pi 3 has the same VPU/GPU combo as all other Raspberry Pis effectively - which has an HDMI audio limitation that limits bitrate below that required for HD Audio bit streaming - but it is capable of lossless decode for 48/96kHz 5.1/7.1 tracks and 4.0 and below at 192kHz. So no bit streaming - but full quality lossless decode for all but 5.1/7.1 192kHz tracks (of which there are only a handful)

No Atmos or DTS:x either though.
Thanks, I was looking for Atmos support.
(2016-05-25, 23:22)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 13:34)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 22:54)nchopp Wrote: I'm running the 3 as my primary HTPC now, and couldn't be more pleased. It boots up FAST (haven't timed it, but it's very quick), the GUI is flawless (even running Cirrus Extended, my favorite skin), and it pulls 1080P content over a Gigabit switch with no problem. I don't have any interlaced content so I can't speak to that one. I just bought a second one to use as a portable HTPC\emulator for when we're traveling. Just an awesome little piece of hardware. This is my first Rpi experience, and it blows my experience with cheap Android sticks out of the water.

I wasn't aware that the RPI 3 has Gigabit?

No - and the OP didn't say it did. I also plug my Pi 3 (10/100) into a Gigabit switch, and it also works fine. Gig switches make sense with 10/100 devices - particularly if you hang multiple 10/100 devices off a single network cable running into the switch, where GigE (and thus a Gig switch, or at least a switch with a GigE upstream port) makes sense.

Accurate. The Gigabit switch was driving multiple devices (Rpi 3, Xbox One, Wii, and media server). We're in the middle of moving, so no idea how the network will be setup next.

A few months in and I'm still thrilled with the Rpi 3. No complaints, and it performs beautifully.
how is this compared to the Odroid C2
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
Cmon, stop being lazy, all the info is already detailed (inc. clickable links) in this thread:

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box

Comparisons need to exactly specify what you want to do with both devices so far as A/V playback is concerned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B launched - upgraded CPU and integrated WiFi and Bluetooth0